National 474 combo machine

erugalde

That is a can-only combo machine that has an upper half of the cabinet for ambient snacks and candy.  They are pretty reliable though they are older models as they are built on the National 147 platform.

Someone's selling it for 1300, it's used, but I'm not sure if it's a good brand or not.

The National 474 was one of the premier combos machines in it's day.  Last time I checked (a couple of years back) National maintained a pretty decent parts support for this machine and aside from the fact it'll only do 12 oz cans and the tray connection system is not the best, it's a far better machine than any of those imports you'll see listed.  At 29" wide it'll fit in a very small space and I've seen them listed around here for up to $1,600 although I sold my last one for $900 - it was in very clean shape.  As I recall it holds about 140 sodas across 8 selections and has two, four wide snack trays with an eight wide candy tray. The one I had was set up with dual spirals on the snack trays which is an advantage.  I should warn you, that while $1,300 with location seems like a fair price, most locations that only require a combo machine are usually not very profitable.  You could be buying a pain in the butt in the long run.

Archived