Conlux ccm5g discriminator failure

Sara

Just found this forum. Conlux 5 is in a Genesis go 368. Besides the flashing discriminator light, the machine displays exact change only and after filling in the correct way using the 'add coins' mode, will not accept coins (promptly returns them) and will not give change. Have not removed unit but see no obvious coin jams. Is there a way to reset this coin mech? Have heard talk of it but yet to find a way. I have unplugged/plugged with no difference. Thanks

I just heard back from a call I put out earlier and was told it might be a dirt/debris issue. Going to try cleaning sensors today. Hope I can find the right area and fix this. Seems there is not exactly a reset, but when problem resolved, it resets itself. Hopeful.

I just heard back from a call I put out earlier and was told it might be a dirt/debris issue. Going to try cleaning sensors today. Hope I can find the right area and fix this. Seems there is not exactly a reset, but when problem resolved, it resets itself. Hopeful.

Check carefully to see if there are no coins jammed between the housing and coin tubes - I've had this issue several times with my CM5.  Fortunately the whole thing pops apart fairly easily.

Usually dirt on the high level sensors. If you remove the change cassette you will see some black plastic flippers near the top of the opening created. I use compressed air to clean the sensors behind that cover since the cover can be tricky to remove.

Success! I took a pen light, a can of air and glasses cleaning wipes. It started coming back to me how the parts snap open and then removing them without breaking.(been over a year since I had a problem)

Found a massive coin jam way down in there. Finally had to remove the whole box and tip it to get the last several to roll out. Working fine now. Thanks!

Archived