Vendo drinks exploding

If they are hot enough to explode (they're probably just leaking from the caps) then your compressor has not been running and the evaporator fan has heated up all of your products.  You probably have a bad compressor that you will find is clicking on, not starting, and clicking off.  If the condenser fan is running and the sodas are hot then the machine is trying to cool but the compressor is bad.

I pulled the machine about 6 months ago. It had bottles and they were complaining about prices. I pulled the machine and placed a can machine. Now I need a bottle machine at a new location. I plugged it in for about 5 hours and it is cooling and no errors. They were leaking around the lids. It was in a hot warehouse. They told me that someone accidently unplugged the machine. This was last summer when it was around 100. Could this be the cause?

If you left the soda in the machine for the last 6 months then they will have leaked.  The shelf life of bottles is 6 months for not diet and 3 months for diet but the bottles themselves will often leak before that.   Unplugging a machine long enough for the sodas to get to the ambient temperature of 100 degrees will do it too.  The bottles aren't designed to withstand high temps for a long period of time, especially if they are older.

If you've let all those bottles just sit in the machine then you need to dispose of them as they are or will soon be leaking and they are probably expired.  Hose the machine out and start with new product.  As long as properly dated bottles are used and kept cold then you'll be fine except for the odd leaker here and there.   I would advise being vigilant with your bottles and test-tighten some of the caps.  I always had some that seemed looser than others.

Archived