Need help changing display on Red Bull machine

rjh914

Picked up a Royal Vendors RVRB-372-3 for a client who wants to change the graphics and vend his own energy drink from it.  I'm struggling to change the led display that scrolls "Ice Cold Red Bull 3.00."  I'm fine if it just reads the temp and price...but the Red Bull stuff has to go.

I've consulted the manual.  It says to go into service mode to the dSP prompt to change it.  I've scrolled through the entire menu.  The problem is that I don't have the dSP prompt on this machine.  I called tech support.  They said to use configuration mode C3.  This is another menu item I don't have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Royal tech support is wrong as you've found because there is no C3 setting available in that machine.  You might need to get a different eprom for the logic board, if it's available.  This machine was never built in any other configuration than for Red Bull but the logic board is probably one used in other machines.  If no alternate eprom is available then it could be because no other eprom can handle a machine with only 3 selections.  You might not have any fix for it.

Archived