Anybody know what this wheel is for?

Flyboy718

if you use it for gumballs, take off 2 of the springs and add a riser under it. That should work. I can't tell how deep it is compared to a regular capsule wheel, but I think that's it.

1 hour ago, rodney69 said:

if you use it for gumballs, take off 2 of the springs and add a riser under it. That should work. I can't tell how deep it is compared to a regular capsule wheel, but I think that's it.

Ok, this  brings up an interesting  side point. I've noticed that some gumball/cap wheels have 1 stir spring and some have 3. i didnt think it was more than personal preference,  but you're saying it depends on what you're selling out of the wheel? and is it wise to use a stir spring when using candy like hot tamales and jelly beans that have a tendency to stick? i picked up a uturn that is all candy wheels but has a stir spring on each one, but my first one didnt have any stir springs. 

6 hours ago, Zigzag Vending said:

Ok, this  brings up an interesting  side point. I've noticed that some gumball/cap wheels have 1 stir spring and some have 3. i didnt think it was more than personal preference,  but you're saying it depends on what you're selling out of the wheel? and is it wise to use a stir spring when using candy like hot tamales and jelly beans that have a tendency to stick? i picked up a uturn that is all candy wheels but has a stir spring on each one, but my first one didnt have any stir springs. 

More preference I the Oak. I only use 1 spring on gum because it can break the shelI of the gum and cause more mess. ( just my opinion).

On uturns, you only need a spring for anything sticky or soft like Mike and ike, skittles and so on. Also, nuts, and gumballs you need 3 because of the design of the assembly. Of you don't use the 3 on uturns out will mis vend every 3-8 turns.

On NW machines they have 3 springs that are shorter.

Archived