Dixie Narco 276E Transformer

Tried uploading pic, didn't work.  Going to try again.  

Anyways, I have a Dixie Narco 276E that needs a new transformer.  A drink busted and somehow go onto the wires and fried them.  Sparks were flying so I unplugged the machine and I'm going to try and replace the transformer.  I checked on ebay, but couldn't find it.  Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one?  I have a new drink machine that I could place in the account but I'd like to milk this old machine until it doesn't have anything left to give.  

Thanks

You can  get one at your local home store.  The new ones they have are electronic ballasts that don't use as much electricity but still use the same light sockets and bulbs.  Look for one that can support two F64T12/HO bulbs.  I can see from your ballast that it is for HO (high output) bulbs which are used in all Coke-fronted doors.  Because you have this ballast you then also have a Coke door with one less selection button than columns.  Your light sockets will require the HO bulbs which, in turn, require a HO ballast.  Be prepared to do some wire spicing but the ballasts come with wiring instructions.  

My guess is the ballast is still good the fault is in the connector.  Before you buy anything cut out the bad wiring splice the wires together and try it again.

Often the root cause of Dixie lighting problems come back too Dixie using solid wires in between the door and the cabinet. After the wire has been bent so many times it breaks often with sparks and fire. If you have solid wires bending replace them with stranded wires.

Walta

Archived