Ardac is starting to die

kyle0050

I have a Ardac Valdiator in my USI/FSI snack machine and it sounds like it's starting die. So what do I need to buy to be able to put a Mars in there? I keep seeing these harnesses on part sites but not exactly sure what/where to connect it. Also can I get a mars bill acceptor that can take $5? Will that work in a FSI/USI 3132? Hope someone can help.

Actually here's a post with the exact same model machine and validator. 

A USI 3132, from what vendnet says, has an F80 board and you should only need an MDB harness with an MDB mech and validator and you'll be light-years ahead of anything else.  I don't know how the ardac is even hooked up in there to be honest.  I'm unaware if that model ever came with stock ardac validators... seems like someone used a different harness to fit the ardac.  Is it a USA-15?

Anyway, I could be wrong, but I think your machine is already setup for MDB and you just need an MDB validator to hook directly up to the 6-pin plug.

1 hour ago, kyle0050 said:

So I should be all set and all I need to do is buy a new Mars validator and it should plug in fine? 

The easiest way to determine that would be to see a picture of the inside of the snack machine.  When I looked at the parts manual on vendnetusa, the only MDB harness they had was either for a coinco or an ardac... and both harnesses said either Ardac MDB or Coinco MDB which leads me to believe that they simply took their stock MDB harness and added an adapter harness for a Coinco or Ardac.  So.. if you have the traditional 6-pin MDB plug in there, then you should be good to go.  You can also confirm that you are MDB ready if your coinmech is MDB.  I would bet there's a 9302-gx in there.  If so, you're definitely set because a 9302-gx is MDB.

Every USI machine with an F80 board I have ever had would take a $5 bill no problem as long as your validator is capable.  The only problem some of those machines ever have (I think) is when you hook up a credit card reader as the order in which they are hooked up can affect the way the validator/reader communicate.

I don't know about that specific model but I would like to believe that any MDB validator would work in that machine.  Just keep in mind that you could run out of quarters real quick unless you get a 4 or 5-tube coin mech.  You would probably be fine with a 3-tube mech though because I don't think your model snack machine holds that much product.  Plus, a lot of people hate having change and they seem to spend it faster than they spend bills, which is a good problem to have if they are spending it on you.

Get a coin mech with a $1 coin tube, that will eliminate your change problem.  Sometimes people look at me crooked when I tell them to use $1 coins, almost like they don't know what one is.  Nonetheless, any 4+ tube coin mech out there can take a $1 coin tube if you install one, it's easy to do, you can get coins from your bank, and you never have to worry about quarter depletion problems again. 

Just got a VN2512. Do I need a new face plate or something for putting the mars in or should the mars fit fine with the ardac face plate. Not really sure what they're called hope someone gets what I am asking.

Thanks

The Mars should fit fine, but have you tried it yet?  Worst case you may have to get an MEI VFM style bezel or something if the hole isn't a standard 3" x 4" hole.  USI machines sometimes require special brackets to get rid of those ancient validators they put in some of those, but that's usually just on older models. 

On most of my newer USI machines, any bezel/mask/faceplate works totally fine, but snack bezels are generally safer to use than bottler bezels.. and when I say "safer" I am saying that the snack bezels tend to fit in any machine while bottler bezels sometimes don't fit in snack machines for one reason or another.

Archived