Reese's Flakes??

Faith Vending

Lately my reese's pieces have started to shed their skin and give you a handful of flakes along with your chipped candy. Some customers are complaining and they seem to lose the coatings as you vend. They also don't look good in the cannister half uncovered. They are one of my best sellers and sales are taking a hit. There is nothing wrong with the taste, however. I get them from Sam's, but they really don't care. Take em back, get new ones and the same problem.:X I don't think freshness is the problem at least not on my end. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone order rp's from another source with good results? Sam's raises the price and offers poorer quality. What is that? With the huge price increase in mm and pmm and now flaky rp's I will struggle to offer any chocolate product. I must say a goal I have for 2009 is to run not walk to toys stickers and racks.:cool:

Jim,

That cracking of the shell most likely comes from the fact that the product has been frozen and then thawed during shipping-contraction then expansion. There's been alot of complaints about product coming from Sam's.Try doing a search for MM's as I know this topic has been discussed before.

RP seems to be the most fragile of all the candies. Very sensitive to the environment. I have the same problems sometime and don't have an answer. Good luck getting Sam to care about this - being that they have done nothing about the stale gumballs for 4 years now!

Jax

Jim,

It has happened to me when I have been too rough with the bags - moving them in and out of my vehicle too much. I haven't noticed any from Sams being bad yet. They've actually been pretty good with stocking candy and the quality lately (EXCEPT FOR THE PRICE INCREASES!)

Mark

Jim,

I had the same problem with the ones I got from Sam's. They taste fine but sure don't show well in the cannisters. The coating was off before I poured them into a new machine I was locating.

nam