Be safe on the roads this time of year.

lacanteen

With Christmas nearly upon us, I would like to share my personal experience with others about drinking and driving. As you know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time, often on the way home after a 'social session' with family or friends.

Well, two days ago, this happened to me. I was out for an evening with friends and had more than a few glasses of nice white wine, followed by a couple of bottles of rather good red, a Cointreau and a Bailey's.

Although relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something I've never done before... I took a taxi home. Sure enough, on the way there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it on and I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise to me because I had never driven a taxi before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage, I'm not sure what to do with it.

So if anyone would like to borrow it, give me a call.

Merry Christmas and be safe out there.

On 12/22/2016 at 7:33 AM, lacanteen said:

With Christmas nearly upon us, I would like to share my personal experience with others about drinking and driving. As you know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time, often on the way home after a 'social session' with family or friends.

Well, two days ago, this happened to me. I was out for an evening with friends and had more than a few glasses of nice white wine, followed by a couple of bottles of rather good red, a Cointreau and a Bailey's.

Although relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something I've never done before... I took a taxi home. Sure enough, on the way there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it on and I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise to me because I had never driven a taxi before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage, I'm not sure what to do with it.

So if anyone would like to borrow it, give me a call.

Merry Christmas and be safe out there.

This is what happens when you opt for wine over beer.  Be safe and just drink beer next time :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived