Replacement "Use Coins Only" light bulb

TechGuy

I've got an old SnackShop 4000 (maybe 4500) that has a Lutech kit in it for a CoinCo validator. It also has a light on the front, just under the validator, to indicate when to Use Coins Only (when the hopper is out of quarters or the validator is inhibited.) The bulb has burned out and I'll be darned if I can find a replacement for it. I thought I'd be able to run to an auto parts store and pick up something standard... but this thing has some kind of resistor on it that caught me off-guard. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

2016-12-28 09.51.11.jpg

2016-12-28 09.51.18.jpg

2016-12-28 09.51.47.jpg

Inone technologies has a retrofit board for that machine. It comes with a new display and does away with needing correct change light. The display will actually say exact change if your coin mech runs dry. Kit runs about $315 you can re-use your existing Coinco bill acceptor by adding the mdb harness and a mdb coin mech. This upgrade will show "insert money" on the display and the customer can push selection buttons hear them beep and see prices on the display. If you ever decide to scrap the machine you can take your board out and use it in a 6000/7000 or 112/113 

Thanks for the replies, guys! I've actually been having some other problems with this machine that I thought I had solved... but have come back. I just called and ordered the Inone Technologies retrofit board to replace the main controller, which I suspect will solve all of my problems. I had no idea they even existed. (Thanks, Snickers!)

Archived