DN 5800-4 "X Homing" error

I am at my wits end with this machine.

I've test vended tons and tons of times.

It happens so randomly but usually once a day at a decent sized account enough to put machine out of order.

It will pick the drink, deliver the drink and return the cup to its home position. Yet it will than display "x Homing error". I literally have to go to the location open the machine with my key and close the door and it resets it.

What is this??

Possible bad X motor encoder. Replace X motor (bottom right) or swap X with Y motor. Possible sticky X home switch. Belt may be too loose or too tight. If the machine is more than 2 years old, update the firmware. It only costs $10 and the chip is reusable on multiple machines.

21 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Possible bad X motor encoder. Replace X motor (bottom right) or swap X with Y motor. Possible sticky X home switch. Belt may be too loose or too tight. If the machine is more than 2 years old, update the firmware. It only costs $10 and the chip is reusable on multiple machines.

This is great thank you. Are the X and Y motors the same actual motor. Or do I have to ask specifically for the X motor when I order?

Also how do I know if the belt is to loose or to tight? 

Thanks a million!

The motors are the same and easy to change. That's why I suggested swapping them if you don't have a spare. The belt adjustment is an experience thing that you learn over time. Think Goldilocks-not too extreme either way.

Archived