as a relatively new vendor still I have a question

kai1836

About inventory rotation. I switched a candy selection out in one of my machines.since the item I removed was in other parts of my route and the product was still pretty fresh I just filled my other machines with what I had removed. Is this considered an ethical practice? Thnx.

We are both fairly new to vending:) With that being said, I would say if the product is fresh, why wouldn't you swap it out. There's no reason to throw away good product. I usually give it the ol "taste test" and if it's stale, I chuck it.  

g

I do this all the time. I usually test a product for two months and if it doesn't move, I'll pull it and use it in locations that are moving with that product.

Islander brings up a good point about gloves. I service all my machines with the surgical type gloves even though I do not come in contact with the candy itself. . Not only is it sanitary but it also provides a reassurance to the customers that the product isn't tainted.

That is where a 1-800 or Vendstar machine comes in handy. Just dump the product into a big ziplock bag and refill with a different product.

a different product of similar size otherwise you need to adjust your candy wheel.

for example dont put regular mm if you have been vending p mm or you will give to many per vend.

I didn't know there were so many different types of gloves myself. The ones I bought were at Costco and really inexpensive. It said approved for food handling complies with FDA Reg. 177.1520 and the pictures on the box showed people handling food. Picture was worth a thousand words for me. The type is super strong high density polyethylene not latex and no powder.

I didn't know there were so many different types of gloves myself. The ones I bought were at Costco and really inexpensive. It said approved for food handling complies with FDA Reg. 177.1520 and the pictures on the box showed people handling food. Picture was worth a thousand words for me. The type is super strong high density polyethylene not latex and no powder.

You found the right ones, nam. These are used in the medical industry and are sterile. I get them for free from the lab I work at.