Dixie 3561 Glass Front..Should I buy it?

JEREMYTINA

I have a local guy selling a USI3014 (doesn't turn on), a USI3013 working (looks clean), and a Dixie Narco 3561 glass front machine.  All for $1600. 

I'm somewhat handy and can fix most issues myself if I know what's wrong, but I'm looking for opinions about the price, and possible ideas for what the issue may be with the 3014 and potential cost to repair.

Also, would these machines possibly be upgradable to take credit cards?

USI 3014 may need a power switch, power cord, transformer or logic board and it's a 4 wide machine. The 3013 is a 3 wide version of the 3014.  The DN3561 is a baby Bevmax which are almost impossible to find so I would get it for sure.  It's great where you need the versatility of the glassfront but don't need the capacity of the full size version.

Not a bad price, but with the potential repairs needed on the 3014 alone, I would definitely try to talk him down a bit.  The control boards for those, which fail regularly if they're older, can be hundreds rebuilt.  InOne makes a kit that we sell that is an upgrade board and display for that machine, sometimes that's cheaper.  With that InOne upgrade, you could put a card reader on either of those USIs, but you'd have to get creative on where to cut a hole for the card reader.  The BevMax can be upgraded for a card reader as well, will need an eeprom upgrade at the very least.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, AZVendor said:

USI 3014 may need a power switch, power cord, transformer or logic board and it's a 4 wide machine. The 3013 is a 3 wide version of the 3014.  The DN3561 is a baby Bevmax which are almost impossible to find so I would get it for sure.  It's great where you need the versatility of the glassfront but don't need the capacity of the full size version.

Do you have a tech manual available for the USI machine or is there a way to test to find out which component is dead?  I'm comfortable

• 2 years later...

You either have a bad solenoid (but you changed it) or you have not installed the connector properly (easy to get wrong) or you have a bad connection at the logic board, broken wire in the harness or lastly, a bad logic board.  Here is the manual: https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/dn21.pdf  You'll find part of the troubleshooting guide on pages 37 and 38.

What you should do to start with is view your errors, erase your errors and then test that selection again.

Edited by AZVendor

I had a 5591 lose a couple of butttons on the keypad last night, it was a connection at the wiring harness. I was lucky enough that after reseating the harness everything seems ok.. for now.