Gumballs or Chicle Tabs?

caserri

My best selling gum product is...  

1. 1. My best selling gum product is...

Steve,

If you asked a few months ago, I would have said gumballs - they seem to have a traditional piece to them, GUMBALL MACHINE.  Now I have had so many problems with Gumball Quality - I am thinking about chiclets. 

Also, I think chiclets appeal more to adults.

thats a tough one ,,,my vote is on chicle gum . the reason is that it appeals to adults, women after lunch and smokers but still gets the kids attn.   ...i will say this i like them both i like gumballs  and the fact that you dont have to worry about the vend amount ....     c

Gumballs, hands down.  I do not have any chicle spots at all.  I overcame the quality problem by not buying Concord and using Oak Leaf and Ford.  I am finding in my area that adults use gumballs almost the same as kids, as long as the taste is good.

I always start with gumballs due to the better margin. You can always replace them with Chickles later on if you are not happy with the results. At times, a single head Chickle vendor will come in and hurt my gumball sales. So I started reselling them (thanks to Quill) and vend a larger quantity at those locations.

Plus you just never really know who will buy gumballs. Don't think that adults never buy gumballs. I once had an upscale mostly adult location and initially stocked Chickles. Well, I added some additional products there (including gumballs) and to my surprise, the gumball sales surged and the Chickle sales died down big time. So, I personally always start with Gumballs and make adjustments later - the gumball quarter is the best quarter since you get back at least 23 cents of it.

Jax

Archived