Need help on light resto project

Zigzag Vending

I just got a 9-way chrome "J"-rack (don't think its the sentinel) and a slurry of machines for $160. A total of 4 30" NW80s, 3 worth using and one is only for parts, not complete enough to run (mainly missing a couple panels). And a couple NW60s with one gum and one candy wheel (some dummy ran cotton candy candies in the gum wheel). However, ALL 4 80 mechs are 75 cents, so thats a win in my book, (the last one i got were only 25 cents so when i get around to changing them up ill need the face plates too).  Plus I got one 30" cab back in the lot.

Anyway, on to the questions... I'm going to want to switch a couple of the mechs from 75 to $1. From what I understand, ALL I SHOULD NEED is the $1 wheel, right? no extra pawls, nothing like that?

Also, the wheels have jammed on the rack and have been worn out pretty bad. Is there a way I can get new wheels and replace them? If so, where can I get the wheels? are they something vending specific or are they some run of the mill supply store find?

Whats the best way to freshen up the chrome on the stand without painting? Its in pretty good shape, theres some minor rust near the bottom but honestly I think itll clean up with the right product. It looks more like rust transfer than rust through. Has anyone tried the coca cola trick?

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Just use an SOS pad or 000 steal wool with Windex on the rack.  I'm not familiar with the wheels on that rack since I haven't used that one. 

Yes,  just the coin carrier needs changed.  I know Heritage vending had some.

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably a Folz rack.  If it doesn't use brackets, that would be a pretty good bet.  I am with Rodney, steel wool has been best for us.  Check out http://shepherdcasters.com/ Some of the suppliers used to buy casters from them.  If you find the right size, please share.  I have a ton of them but they are pretty rusty from the slush and salt here.  It doesn't sound like they would work for you.

Lemme know if you end up needing some of the $1 coin carriers.  

Archived