Vendo 312 electrical problems?

dwc31015

So I came across a Vendo 312 that had been sitting for what seems to be close to two years at an indoor location.  I took the machine and am just getting to it to see if its operable and/or salvageable.

While testing the operation I see that the first motor (left) is turning extremely slow.  I swapped with another motor and same thing.  The other motors operate normally.  While the  slow motor is turning, the condenser fan is also operating slowly as if it wants to cut off.  Once the motor has finally finished its cycle and returned home, the condenser fan returns to normal operation as well.

I don't have the compressor connected during this.  When I plugged in the compressor, it short cycles.  No way to tell if compressor is bad or if it is related to this weird action from the vend motor which seems like there is a short somewhere.

Any ideas?

Part it out.  There's no value in a machine that small.  This also sounds like an electrical issue that will be hard to track down since I've never seen a single price machine do that.  It might actually be just a tight vend mechanism that causes the motor to work too hard to turn it.  If it is a lowering shelf machine just junk it.

Archived