Escrow in quarters

darkinthepark

I have a Royal G3 machine that when you put a dollar bill into the bill acceptor and do not make a selection due to it being sold out, gives your dollar back in quarters.  Is there a way to set the machine to return the dollar bill when the customer presses the coin return?  I have forced vend disabled and bill escrow inhibit enabled.  Is there a setting on the BA that needs to be made?  

If the validator continues to stack the last bill then check that you have no phantom prices set.  If your static display shows zeros instead of 1.00 as it would if all selections are set to that price then the machine believes it has some other selection priced at some other price.  On a G3 that has 12 columns and less than 12 select buttons check for a price saved to a selection button that doesn't exist such as button 11 or 12 on a 10 select machine.  

17 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

If the validator continues to stack the last bill then check that you have no phantom prices set.  If your static display shows zeros instead of 1.00 as it would if all selections are set to that price then the machine believes it has some other selection priced at some other price.  On a G3 that has 12 columns and less than 12 select buttons check for a price saved to a selection button that doesn't exist such as button 11 or 12 on a 10 select machine.  

The display shows 1.00, so I'm sure all prices are set to 1.00.

I contacted Royal today about this issue, and they told me that Coke wanted the GIII's programmed this way, and there is no way that I can get the machine to return the bill.  I guess they figure that people are more likely to dump quarters back into a vending machine than a dollar.

Archived