Tomy Gacha

AMD Snacks

I would not give over $50 for two, $25 would be better, I think they used to sell for around $400 for a four head. I never liked them much, the coin mechs jammed pretty easy and they took longer to service than  NW capsule machine.  The plus side was the display area on the top of the unit. It worked pretty good in Movie theaters if you had something in the machines related to a current movie.  

Thanks, after I asked on here I started looking online and I don't see a whole lot even for sale. I've read over the past years people's mixed reviews, and the coin mechs seem  like a constant among the masses. Though I hear beaver makes a drop in replacement for them. I'm looking at a route purchase that is mainly tomy's and since I can't verify taxes (a red flag off the bat I know) I'm trying to make the best possibly decision based on machines value and what not....

Tomorrow i'll actually meet with them and see some in person, how much longer to service are they? Could a person do 40 in a day?

speed depends on how far apart they are, how often you change product, if you "pre-kit"  (yes you can for bulk), how you do the revenue share at locations and other things, I don't think you could do 40 a day and do a good job of merchandising and cleaning, especially if you use the live display area on the top of the machines. Not all Tomys had that feature though.

Finally got to check out these machines on the route, seemed ok to me, though at almost every stop one of the mechs was jammed (someone trying to run a quarter through by itself) Aside from that the service seemed pretty straight forward, money comes out in a tray , throw the product in the front. Honestly I hate lining up the rod with the lid on NW 80's so these Gacha's might not bother me as much as it would other vendors, it's a nice change to me. 

What's a pre kit musser? And after looking at it,  won't have for that day's route afterall, more like 20, I think I can manage if I start early enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

The mechs jam because one or more of the little plastic springs are broken inside.   It's the only routine maintenance on the machines and it is pretty easy to fix.  We keep them in stock and I can teach you how to do it if you buy the route.  

If you aren't changing product you can service them really fast because you can dump 4 coin drawers in less than 30 seconds.   

The guy showed me those plastic pieces you're talking about, they weren't broken on the ones we checked out, just had a single quarter jammed. Beaver sells their mechs for $58 and I'll probably just start changing those out for beavers little by little. 

Archived