Rainbow Crane Toy House questions

petersvending

I am a brand spanking newbie at Cranes and vending in general. I operate 75 locations and currently building more locations. I had a client who requested a crane machine in one of his locations. I acquired it and placing this week. I was wondering if anyone in here is well versed in Rainbow Cranes? I have several questions to ask. 

After purchasing, I noticed that there are 2 light strips in the corners of the machine on the outside. I assume these are meant to be attraction lights. But I am having trouble finding where these are plugged in, which board controls them? I am attaching 3 pictures, I am assuming in picture crane2.jpg, that is the board the controls the side lights I am speaking of. How do I power this part of the board? Is there something I am missing here? I believe the board is powered by a 5 pin power molex connectoid. Am I correct? If so, I am failing to find where this plug is?

Is there a way to adjust the win ratio in this crane? Currently it seems like it is set at 4 tries for a win. I would like to go to 5 or 6 tries for win. I am not trying to be greedy, I just need to spread my wins out a little until I get cash flow, then maybe I can adjust up or down, accordingly. 

Is there a board schematic online somewhere? I downloaded the manual from this website (vendiscuss) but it does not have the board schematics or at least tell me where things are plugged or plugging into. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.  

crane1.jpg

crane2.jpg

crane3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Petersvending, 

so the first photo (Looking top down) is of a rainbow motherboard (CPU). They come in 1st gen (gen=generation) and 2nd gen. Your machine is running a 2nd gen board which is good because they are easier to come by. i can get either if you ever need. 42-60" machines the cpu are generally interchangeable. On occasion an updated eprom is needed. 24-30" machines run on different individual eproms and the boards are generally not interchangeable. 

The machines have two power supplys. your 2nd photo is of your secondary power supply. Your 3rd photo is of your primary power supply. if you ever need to make a voltage adjustment it will be on that board. I wouldnt play around with the boards especially when the machine is on/or has voltage going to the machine. Thats a rule of thumb until you get familiar with any type of machine. 

If your attraction lights are not working, first start by checking all of the fuses in the machine. If a fuse is not the issue i prefer to modify machines with adjustable attraction lights that go 360 degrees around the front of the machine. makes the machines really pop and kids love them because they glow underneath also. i would recommend you rip out the old attraction lights and learn to run your own. They look way better than half the bull crap most manufacturers come up with. 

As far as your win ratio goes, going along with what was said prior to this post is that there is no payout rate settings for these machines. just claw strength adjustments. There are countless strategies for making these machines earn. If you want to chat more just drop me a private message and shoot me your cell number and ill hit you up. 

have a great day, 

Randall 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vendingjunkie said:

Hey Petersvending, 

so the first photo (Looking top down) is of a rainbow motherboard (CPU). They come in 1st gen (gen=generation) and 2nd gen. Your machine is running a 2nd gen board which is good because they are easier to come by. i can get either if you ever need. 42-60" machines the cpu are generally interchangeable. On occasion an updated eprom is needed. 24-30" machines run on different individual eproms and the boards are generally not interchangeable. 

The machines have two power supplys. your 2nd photo is of your secondary power supply. Your 3rd photo is of your primary power supply. if you ever need to make a voltage adjustment it will be on that board. I wouldnt play around with the boards especially when the machine is on/or has voltage going to the machine. Thats a rule of thumb until you get familiar with any type of machine. 

If your attraction lights are not working, first start by checking all of the fuses in the machine. If a fuse is not the issue i prefer to modify machines with adjustable attraction lights that go 360 degrees around the front of the machine. makes the machines really pop and kids love them because they glow underneath also. i would recommend you rip out the old attraction lights and learn to run your own. They look way better than half the bull crap most manufacturers come up with. 

As far as your win ratio goes, going along with what was said prior to this post is that there is no payout rate settings for these machines. just claw strength adjustments. There are countless strategies for making these machines earn. If you want to chat more just drop me a private message and shoot me your cell number and ill hit you up. 

have a great day, 

Randall 

Hey man I sent you a private message. Thanks a ton!

On 11/12/2017 at 9:44 PM, BouncyBalls said:

• 3 months later...
On 11/28/2017 at 5:19 AM, vendingjunkie said:

Hey Petersvending, 

have a great day, 

Randall 

I have several Rainbow 24” House of Prizes crane machines. Randall, shoot me a PM if you get a chance. I’d like to have you for future reference since you are the go-to-Rainbow Guy!  

• 4 months later...

I'm in the same boat, just picked up a NC42 recently, I can't seem to figure out how to get the attraction lights working, everything seems to be plugged in similar to the photos above.  All the fuses appear to be intact.  Any ideas?

• 4 years later...

Firing this back up as I recently picked up 2 rainbows and the side lights do not work on either. All fuses check out. Wondering what you solutions are to update them to led? Are you using the service outlet? Having to modify anything heavily etc? Thanks!