ATM Security

chicoc17

Hi,

New to the ATM business and wanted to see what other options are available for securing an atm to the floor other than bolting it down?  I know that bolting it down is the way to go, but in some locations drilling to the floor is not an option for the owner. Any suggestions?

I would guess that is the only way to do it.  If you have a metal I-beam behind or next to it to weld to then you could try a heavy steel bracket around the machine welded to the I-beam or build a steel structure that the ATM is welded to from underneath and then is welded to the I-Beam.  

Couple options.

The surrounds adds a lot of weight and security......there are about 5 companies that make them

www.TPItexas.com and http://atmarmour.com/ are two

I use GPS tracking devices.

DPL wireless, a wireless box company has an add on device that notifies you when the door is open, the ATM is tilted and will have a GPS device add on released soon.

The problem is ....all this comes at a cost.  surrounds are $800-$1200, half the cost of an ATM....

You can insure the machine and cash for about $18/month - with a $500 deductible 

Archived