Hello!

cynlowry

Hello everyone 

I am new to the vending business - having acquired 2 routes. Each route contains a drink and a snack combo machine.  While it does not make alot of money - the process is empowering to have your "own" business. The issue I currently have is organizing my inventory. I am currently using Excel and also "creating" my own database - but if there is already an existing format that people can recommend - I would appreciate it!

Cynthia 

• 2 weeks later...

How many combo's on the routes.  You can just google your question and you will get lots of information on organization of your products.  Here is a free planogram planning guide from Coke...https://www.entegraps.com/files/live/sites/contentmaster/files/Private/Retail Insights/Planograms/Entegra_Pepsi_Coke.pdf

Hope it helps.

Cynthia, you haven't bought two routes, you have bought two machines on location, or two locations.  A route is many locations that one person services over a period of time, so I would say you have the start of one route but you have a loooong way to go.  I had 300 full line machines that were serviced by 3 route drivers so I had three routes.  When I first started I had 5 machines which grew to 15 machines within a few months.  Even after I hired my first employee 5 years and 60 machines later I still only had one route because I paid him to service all my original machines.  Because I won a large contract at the same time - yes it was a planned hire - the 100 machines I placed in one week and that were serviced by me alone became my second route.  Yes, I am like the grammar police sometimes but I protect the professionalism of this business too, as I'm a perfectionist.

Archived