FSI 3120 Bill Acceptor

Lonstar

I bought a 3120 with a non working bill acceptor from a small insurance office.  They purchased it new and sold it because it was getting little use  The machine is in excellent condition, actually looks new inside and out.  Other than the bill acceptor everything works as it should (accepts coins, gives change, and all selections dispense properly).  

The bill acceptor is a Coinco MAG32SA, the coin mech is a Coin Pro 3.  I took the acceptor apart to make sure the dip switches were set correctly and then cleaned the heads and bill path area.  It still won't accept a bill.  The belts pull the bill in about 1" and then reverse.  Before and after cleaning it the diagnostic light on the acceptor stays on solid, no blinks.  This leads me to believe it's a problem with the main board in the machine.  Is there a way to test that? 

Well that was short and sweet.  :)

Can I just remove it from the machine and block the hole?  More specifically, will the machine work as it should if the coin mech isn't plugged into a validator?  The only plug going to it is a 5 or 6 pin plug from the coin mech, nothing else.  I'll have a change machine right next to the snack machine so it's really not needed.  I don't want to put a 'do not use' or 'coins only' sign on the snack machine.        

Archived