Parlevel VMS with 3rd party telemetry device & CC reader

Maxp

Hello, new to the forum here. 

Currently, I have 7 machines and am using Parlevel VMS along with Parlevels telemetry devices and CC readers. My issue is that the only mobile network supported by Parlevel hardware is AT&T, which is very weak in my area. I was told by Parlevel that it is possible to use a 3rd party's telemetry devices & CC readers with Parlevels VMS. Does anyone here have experience with such a setup?    

• Maxp changed the title to Parlevel VMS with 3rd party telemetry device & CC reader

We have about 40% of our devices with NAYAX. They are reporting thru the ParLevel VMS. No real issue doing that except you can’t look into the VM S to see the signal strength like the Parlevel

Are the NAYAX devices capable of running on the Verizon network? As far as the reporting, have you had any issues, big or small other than not being able to see the signal strength in Parlevel VMS? Also, how has your experience been with NAYAX device reliability? 

On 4/14/2018 at 10:12 PM, Southeast Treats said:

I use both Nayax and USAT thru ParLevel, no issues with either one.  I have been getting mostly USAT G10's recently, which are 4G and really get superior signal strength.  I think Nayax has 4G available now also but not sure....

Thanks for the info. The USAT G10's look exactly like what I need.  Do you happen to have any experience using these devices on Wittern machines?  

23 hours ago, Maxp said:

Thanks for the info. The USAT G10's look exactly like what I need.  Do you happen to have any experience using these devices on Wittern machines?  

Wittern/ USI machines have a variety of control boards, and most of the older machines were shipped without DEX ports.  The cashless systems will usually work just fine, but getting cash sales data will be a big pain.  The GVC1 and GVC2 boards in the newer models can be updated for DEX if they are older firmware; the updating tool is about the cost of one new board.  Older Wittern boards like the F80 won't report cash sales at all and would have to be replaced.    But if you are happy without the cash data the card readers will work.

Archived