week 3 Recap

moondog

Harrumph. harrumph , harrumph,

Well week 3 is now in the books and what a week it was for a few of us.

1. The Force, me, beat Kiwi by a slight margin, but hey, a win is a win and I'll take it. Personally I just felt that Kiwi was  too weak and insignificant to be in first place and he really needed that loss and it gave me the utmost pleasure to be the one to provide it for him.

2. Td's (aka the crip) thoroughly tromped the king and will move into first place via all the huge points he's been putting up.  We're going to have to do something about him before Leveon decides he wants to play again or he might be unstoppable.  The king meanwhile is off to an ignominious start with his only win coming against the Scrubs and having to deal with being on the losing end of the week's biggest blowout..

3, the most ridiculous loss of the week goes to the man with no pants as he actually managed to lose to the Scrubs (how the hell did you manage that?) which technically means he, along with the King are tied for last place with the Scrubs (except for the points)

So now we have 3 teams at the top with a 2 and 1 record and three teams at the bottom with a 1 and 2 record so it's still a tight race but if the Scrubs can maintain their current streak, not only will they make the playoffs, but they win the whole thing - Go Scrubs!!!

Not my proudest moment. Maybe I lost because I forgot it was even Sunday and didn’t check scores at all... being the raving football fanatic I am, that is.

I hear Garapollo is out for the season, makes me glad I have 3 qbs.

3 hours ago, VAVending said:

Not my proudest moment. Maybe I lost because I forgot it was even Sunday and didn’t check scores at all... being the raving football fanatic I am, that is.

Makes me glad I didn't buy into all the preseason 49ers hype and passed on drafting any of them.

1 hour ago, QuikVend said:

Very happy with the way this week went. Hoping to be full strength by mid season.

Sounds like the Steelers are actively seeking trade offers on your boy - maybe he'll end up some place nice like Buffalo or Cleveland by the time he starts playing again 😎😎😎

52 minutes ago, moondog said:

Sounds like the Steelers are actively seeking trade offers on your boy - maybe he'll end up some place nice like Buffalo or Cleveland by the time he starts playing again 😎😎😎

Anywhere that doesn't involve him on the bench works for me! 

16 hours ago, VAVending said:

You need to dump Garapallo and grab another good QB for the bye weeks coming up.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is available and he's looking quite good this year.  Also, why the hell are you rostering the Houston defense?  When the time comes for Jax to take their bye there are plenty of defenses available - just pick the one going against the worst team and drop somebody on your bench who's not doing anything.  Right now your bench looks like a field hospital from the Civil War and with bye season approaching, you need to start thinking about filling some holes.

3 hours ago, moondog said:

You need to dump Garapallo and grab another good QB for the bye weeks coming up.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is available and he's looking quite good this year.  Also, why the hell are you rostering the Houston defense?  When the time comes for Jax to take their bye there are plenty of defenses available - just pick the one going against the worst team and drop somebody on your bench who's not doing anything.  Right now your bench looks like a field hospital from the Civil War and with bye season approaching, you need to start thinking about filling some holes.

See previous mentions of total ignorance of FF.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 5:10 AM, moondog said:

You need to dump Garapallo and grab another good QB for the bye weeks coming up.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is available and he's looking quite good this year.  

On 9/27/2018 at 9:07 AM, VAVending said:

See previous mentions of total ignorance of FF.

VAVending... if you want to WIN you should never take FF advise from moondog!!! 😁😁😁

Just now, kiwi said:

VAVending... if you want to WIN you should never take FF advise from moondog!!! 😁😁😁

Right now I’m relying heavily on yahoo’s advice and common sense based on player track record. But I’d kinda be an idiot to take any of y’alls’ tips lightly.

13 minutes ago, VAVending said:

Right now I’m relying heavily on yahoo’s advice and common sense based on player track record. But I’d kinda be an idiot to take any of y’alls’ tips lightly.

You can trust ME!!! 😁😁😁

15 hours ago, VAVending said:

Every time I take Yahoo's advice it usually costs me 10- to 20 points - they're idiots!!!

2 hours ago, moondog said:

Every time I take Yahoo's advice it usually costs me 10- to 20 points - they're idiots!!!

I heavily offset their opinion with player track record.

Even then, I’m coming to the opinion that this game is almost all chance and little skill. I couldn’t tell you any of your fancy football number things that commentators are always going on about, and I’m doing passably well. Doesn’t seem fair at all.

Archived