Royalty Fee?

weenypenguin

Hello, 

I purchased 50 boxes of the pink ribbon honor boxes from Sheridan.
Every month they call me to pay a royalty fee, but I never signed any agreements or bought any zip-codes. Do I still have to pay the royalty fee to them?

Any help is appreciated, I am still new to this.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, weenypenguin said:

Every month they call me to pay a royalty fee, but I never signed any agreements or bought any zip-codes. Do I still have to pay the royalty fee to them?

Yes, or send the boxes back.

You have no right to use the 'Pink Ribbon' boxes unless you are paying the royalty fee, as that is what (partly) pays the charity for the use of their name on the boxes.

If you don't want charity boxes that support a charity buy the plain or wood-grain boxes. Don't pretend you are supporting the pink ribbon charity if you are not sending them any money.

11 hours ago, weenypenguin said:

Hello, 

Any help is appreciated, I am still new to this.

Thanks!

Falls is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!  When you purchased the 'Pink Ribbon" boxes, you agreed to a royalty fee, because you are using their charity to advance YOUR business.  By NOT contributing to the Pink Ribbon Charity, you are, in a sense, committing fraud.  Telling your customers that they are contributing to the Pink Ribbon Cause, and then keeping all the money is just plain wrong.  Call Sheridan and I am sure that there is an agreement somewhere.  As for buying zip-codes, that is nonsense.  Buying zip-codes does not prevent competition from coming in to your area and setting up shop, so don't waste money on that.  Just my 2 cents.  :) 

1 hour ago, weenypenguin said:

Thanks for your replies!

What if I don’t plan to use them anymore? I have about 45 in my garage since I couldn’t find time to start the “business”.

Contact Sheridan.  They seem to be pretty accommodating, from what I hear.  I'm sure they can help you out with this.  It may require sending them the boxes back.

Archived