A&A machine review

ginger vend

I have 4 A&A machines currently on location.  Just purchased 11 more.  Also have Seagas, but switching to the A's.   A&A positives:   Square globe makes it both easier to clean globe and empty out product, due to no "lip" at globe top.  Can easily pour product into zip bag without spilling product.  Can change wheel settings without taking globe off/apart,  just remove lid.  Easy to switch from PMM's to smaller product.  Take 3 screws out, reset wheel and replace screws. Heavy duty coin mech ($3.00 more)  rotates smoothly. $47 and some odd cent plus shipping with heavy duty mech.  Machine only not stand. A&A negatives:   No owners manual included with machine.  If your first experience with any bulk single head this may pose a problem.  ;) Only one wheel included with machine order (1.1capsule, gumball or candy) of your choice.  Don't even know if I consider this a negative.   You can order more at your disgression at any time. Overall a tough little all metal machine which I believe will continue doing a great job .  Hope this info is helpful, Ginger Vend                                   

Great review Ginger. Thank you. I encourage everyone to submit a concise review outlining the facts in this fashion.

You have price, pros, cons and overall opinion. No bashing or over the top selling, just a straightforward, informative review. Well done!

Steve

Has anyone heard about A&A's coin mechanisms being substandard meaning they use a lower grade of pot metal to make them when compared to Oak and Northwestern?

I read that somewhere and obviously it concerns me since I plan to order them soon.

Has anyone heard about A&A's coin mechanisms being substandard meaning they use a lower grade of pot metal to make them when compared to Oak and Northwestern?

I read that somewhere and obviously it concerns me since I plan to order them soon.

I should have included also that because of the lower grade of pot metal, the mechanism often times needs to be replaced because of problems.  ( the guy that said this used Northwestern Model 60 coin mechs in its place )

Couple of things.

With many 1" heads you can use a cap wheel with gum.  Just slip a riser under it.  this limits the width of the opening and only allows one ball per vend.  Doubles the posibilities with these (and Oak, Beaver, Northwest....) heads.

The only drawback that I have experienced with NW and A&A S60 type heads is that the metal teeth from the coin mech will eventually bite into the plastic teeth on the wheel and you'll need to replace the wheel or be willing to deal with complaints from mis vends.

Keep those heads clean, whether it be gum, pan candy or caps.

I also like the heavier metal that the A&A's have over the Oaks.  The PO 89's are said to be knock offs of the Oaks.  Both brand machines are built well.  I have had some of the same PO89's in their original locations for 7 years.  The only thing I have replaced on them has been the globes.  The mechs have all been doing great.  The new mechs available on the PO89's are a lot like Beaver mechs.  Can't say how well they hold up, got them on some machines for over a year and so far no problems with them at all.

Tee

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you can get the same key.  They will keep you key number on file in case you forget the number.  Usually you will get a 705.  I like the idea of going to a different lock and key through LAI group or cam lock.  That way you can have your own key without a zillion other people having it.

Tee

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I have bought, looked at,  and placed one Super 60 double head Nwestern machine, I want to buy a double head A&A Elite machine and see which one I like the best. I will buy it within 2 weeks.

I want to be able to use either the NW60 or the A&A Elite to run my Dentyne and Certs ( when it comes out). I am hoping Superpro will have that decision finalized about just selling the candy wheel and the stickers and candy. And the Certs is due out in a few weeks!

Wow!  That is impressive Tee.  The NW machine is obviously a well built unit but it is pricey. So......if I like the Elite or the PN 95 as you say, I would stand on saving a good deal of money ordering a couple of hundred of them.  The NW has a ' cash and dash' feature that I liked.  The Elite has something comparable to that that I want to see.  Plus the Elite has lots of colors, lots of chrome and just looks more dressed up. In New York, lots of bling helps...........LOL.

Kyle.....the Supreme does not come with a coin tray.  The Elite does.  How easy is it to take the quarters out of the Supreme? You have to lift and take the entire globe etc. off to get to the money?

Has anyone had an Elite with the coin tray?  Is it easy to gather up the quarters with it?  I am wonderting if the coin tray slides out when you lift the body up a bit. If I have to lift the entire body off the rod then it is a waste of time for me.   That is one thing about the Dentyne machine I do not like. There is a coin tray which is fine but it runs through the rod so you have to take the body off and lift the coin tray up and over the rod to retieve the coins.

The PM Supreme is different than any other machine I have ever used.

It has a handle, and when you pull the head off (with the handle), the body comes off with it. You can hold the head/body by the handle in one hand, and take the coin box out with the other, and dump it in your bag. Extremely easy. It does not come with a spill tray, but I vend only gumballs/bouncy balls/1" caps with it, so I don't have to have a spill tray.

Kyle

Kyle.....the Supreme does not come with a coin tray.  The Elite does.  How easy is it to take the quarters out of the Supreme? You have to lift and take the entire globe etc. off to get to the money?

Has anyone had an Elite with the coin tray?  Is it easy to gather up the quarters with it?  I am wonderting if the coin tray slides out when you lift the body up a bit. If I have to lift the entire body off the rod then it is a waste of time for me.   That is one thing about the Dentyne machine I do not like. There is a coin tray which is fine but it runs through the rod so you have to take the body off and lift the coin tray up and over the rod to retieve the coins.

I think it's real simple.  Unlock it, lift the lid, grab the globe by the frame, lift it off and put it on a table/cart/floor.  Grab your change bag in your left hand, the machine base in your right (so that the heel of your thumb holds the mech in place and the rest of your fingers grasp the base.  Lift the base up and off the rod and dump it in the bag.

I don't think the slide in trays would offer that much ease of use.  There's a relief slot that goes around the rod.  If you have a really good month, you'll spill your take in the base anyway.

Just unlock it, lift and twist, them reach in and scoop it out.  A&As and NW heads should be checked from time to time anyway for rouge coins that don't want to fall into the base.  They'll stick between the mech and chute, eventually jamming your mech.

With the elite, after you unlock the machine, you lift the machine slightly, turn the whole machine so that it rests on the top of the chrome base.  You can then reach into the area between the machine and the bottom base and remove the cash tray.  Dump your quarters into your bag, replace the coin tray and move the machine back in place and lock it down.  You don't have to remove the entire machine off the center rod.  Getting the quarters out of the PN 95's, supremes and Elites is actually quicker and easier then taking the quarters out of the PO 89's and Oaks.

Tee

Great info Tee!  Thanks alot buddy. Thanks Kyle for the Supreme information. I can't wait to order one on Monday. I heard what Kyle said about holding the handle and grabbing the coin tray but Tee.........does the Supreme attach itself to the base also when you lift it abit like what you do with the Elite? I have a feeling that only comes with the E,lite but I am not sure. Either way seems easy.  I may order a Supreme double and an Elite double and see what I like best. I will tell you one thing for sure........the A&A price is alot better than the NW 60 price.......

• 3 weeks later...

I am really enjoying the A&A machines so far.  It is still very early but the look of the Elite is awesome.  And I love the silver vein base as opposed to the black one.

I just received another order last evening: 2 doubles and 2 singles. I wanted to see what the black w/ chrome trim looked like and their royal blue to see what that color looked like. I may want to use that color for my Dentyne Ice if the wheel dispenses ok.

I can order on a Monday from A&A and receive everything by Friday!  That has happened both times that I have ordered from them. Living fairly close to them has a benefit for sure. Posted Image