crane 797 control board replacement

alexG

Hello,

For one of my oldest unit, i need to change the control board from what i know (several spiral selling at once).

I am looking for a replacement of a kind (see picture attached) with part number 1586017 but i cannot find any available.

I see some newer model control board without the E-prom.

I have never done this yet and i would like to know:

- what is compatible with my unit? the national 167 control board?

- which e-prom to buy for the new board? Can i just reuse my current e-prom (v158.29)?

- any compatibility issue with the display board and lcd? I read topic where people had display issues after the swap.

Thanks for your help!

IMG_9698.JPG

If your current EPROM is 158.29, it will work on the board with no EPROM. 158.29 works the newest to the oldest but will not work with Coinco Mag or BA series bill acceptors. I make those EPROMS for 1/10th of what Crane charges for them.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

No RAM is never good. Make sure the EPROM is correctly installed and all of the connector feet are socketed. The only thing you can try is a RAM clear:

Press <exit> and hold, then press <up arrow> while holding exit. If the display changer, press <down arrow> until you see "clear all". Press and hold <#> on the service keypad until you see the message "cleared"

If that doesn't work, you may have a bad board or corrupt EPROM. 

Hi again,

I cannot perform the ram clear. Pressing the <exit> does not do any good. I tried the new board with the old EPROM and same issue.

I have attached pictures of the errors i get.

crane.JPG

Edited by alexG

the old board works but i have issues with it, it is delivering 2-4 spirals each time. 

I ordered the new board and new EPROM (same version as previous at the end) and the new board doesn't work.

Edited by alexG

Put the old board in and do a RAM clear. Multiple motors running is usually the motor control board which is the smaller one below the computer board. You could also try showing a picture of the installed board so we can be sure all is harnessed correctly.