Week 9 Recap

moondog

Week 9 is officially in the books and boy did it suck.

First was Kiwi knocking off the King by a mere 4 points.  In spite of the fact that he chose to use a WR in his flex spot instead of Ryan Fitzpatrick (who the King wisely picked up) Kiwi still managed to eek out a win with a wise move to grab that TE from the 49ers who had a great win over the hapless Raiders.  I think the Raiders should make a move to get Dez Brant which might be interesting watching Dez deal with Chuckie.

Second, and most depressing was the bagpipes knocking off my team by less than 1 point.  I'm glad those stinking Cowboys lost.  Jerry Jones, you've got a crappy team and Dak Prescott will never be the QB that Tony Romo was.  All I needed was one more sack and I could have snagged a badly needed victory.  I'm blaming this loss on Kirk Cousins. who's been mediocre to just plain bad all season.  I knew I should have started Phil Rivers (who I could trust) but for some reason I thought Cousins might actually do something above and beyond the bare minimum which he didn't even manage to do with less than ten points.  So I've dropped that POS and I hope that KIwi picks him up as he could really use a PITA about now.

Last and most predictably was Td's knocking off the Scrubs.  Td's had the worst game of his season but manged to save it for his big match up with the Scrubs - talk about dog luck.

Due to a general lack of enthusiasm from our league, this will be my last Recap report.  If anybody wants to chime in next, they are free to do so.  I will continue to act as Commissioner for the end of the season even though my enthusiasm has pretty much evaporated.

What?! No more reports? That’s too bad. Just cause we don’t always reply doesn’t mean we don’t care. I love these!

We had a close game, I’d have thought that would rekindle your fighting spirit. Regardless this is still close and anyone could take the win by season end. So water your enthusiasm garden and get ready for a close competition!

We just have to stop TD’s win streak.

2 hours ago, moondog said:

Due to a general lack of enthusiasm from our league, this will be my last Recap report.  

I have to agree with you in regards to the lack of enthusiasm... l thought that this year was going to be different with the return of the King but he has been surprisingly quite.

On the bright side... things look like they are about to change with the added interest today!

57 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

There's no need to end my streak. Everyone can battle for second place while I run away with it lol. 

Expect your streak to end this week mate when you face the mighty "Thunder From Down Under" 😁

1 hour ago, VAVending said:

What?! No more reports? That’s too bad. Just cause we don’t always reply doesn’t mean we don’t care. I love these!

I have to agree!!

I don't even bother reading the Yahoo recaps anymore!

I just patiently wait for the Moondog recap. 😂

2 hours ago, moondog said:

I will continue to act as Commissioner for the end of the season even though my enthusiasm has pretty much evaporated.

Have you run out of beer in the fridge or something? 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

Expect your streak to end this week mate when you face the mighty "Thunder From Down Under" 😁

If I make decisions like I did this past well, that will very well be the case. 

49 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

If I make decisions like I did this past well, that will very well be the case. 

No.. make those ball decisions 😁

If you need any help l would be more happy to make some suggestions.

Like.. Le'veon Bell is well rested from sitting on your bench all year so l think that you should start him this week!!

😂😂😂

7 hours ago, kiwi said:

I have to agree with you in regards to the lack of enthusiasm... l thought that this year was going to be different with the return of the King but he has been surprisingly quite.

On the bright side... things look like they are about to change with the added interest today!

I think the King is afraid of a peasant uprising or something - maybe he thinks we've got a guillotine.  Either way I know he's lurking out there as he keeps making moves and let's face it, he's had little to crow about this season.

19 hours ago, kiwi said:

Well, at least we all know how to spell "enthusiasm" now which some might consider a high water mark for this forum.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:04 AM, moondog said:

I think the Raiders should make a move to get Dez Brant which might be interesting watching Dez deal with Chuckie.

Well... that didn't take you long to pickup Dez after he was signed by the Saints!

Maybe l should've grabbed him first and traded him to you 😁

2 hours ago, kiwi said:

Well... that didn't take you long to pickup Dez after he was signed by the Saints!

Maybe l should've grabbed him first and traded him to you 😁

Yep,

I figure if he's got anything left, Drew will get it out of him.  I need all the help I can get with the deep hole I've managed to dig here.  When I get A.J. Green I should be pretty well set to end strong.  This could end up being bad for you though as Drew might end up liking him better than Thomas.  You've had all the good luck you deserve with Bell deciding to sit out the whole year - his agent must be a moron as Bell will have to wait  another full year to qualify for the free agent status..  I think he has like three days left to come to his senses so he may yet foul you up come playoff time.

As for trades, after dumping that POS Cousins I don't have anybody left I'd trade.  I really think you should grab Cousins when he clears waivers as you kind of need another QB and it would be nice watching somebody else pulling out their hair over his piss poor numbers - he's got a bad case of coasteritis after scoring that fat contract.

31 minutes ago, moondog said:

It's against the rules 

Speaking of rules... how are you enjoying our "new" league settings this season. 

I have to admit that l had my doubts when l first sore them.. but l really enjoying it now.

I just wish that we had more than 6x teams.

Might have to invite some more kiwis next year 🤔

Yep, I think the new settings are doing great.  Dropping the kicker was a good idea and apparently  a lot of other leagues are doing it as well.  Kickers never score much and having the Super Flex option (which you might consider trying) has made the game more interesting as most of the better QB's are being utilized rather than being left as streaming options.  We could have had more Kiwis this season if Mrs. K. had responded to the dozen or so invites I sent you guys.  That at least would have eliminated the Scrubs.  And by the way, you can run two teams from one computer as Yahoo is set up to accommodate that.  The only problems we've to date are people missing their 12:30 Thursday deadline to fill out their rosters which I have fixed a couple of times.  I figure some people have not seen that original post since Mage moved us to our own forum out of the Gator Hole.

4 hours ago, moondog said:

Dropping the kicker was a good idea and apparently  a lot of other leagues are doing it as well.  

l don't think that l would want to play in a league that users the kicker position again!

1 minute ago, kiwi said:

l don't think that l would want to play in a league that users the kicker position again!

I wasnt sure how I'd feel about it, but it's worked out well. I actually have another league im in that got rid of the kicker and defense. 

25 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

I actually have another league im in that got rid of the kicker and defense. 

Wow... how are you finding that?

I don't really miss having a kicker but l kinda like the DEF position. 

4 hours ago, kiwi said:

Wow... how are you finding that?

I don't really miss having a kicker but l kinda like the DEF position. 

Maybe next year we go with an IDP player to really make things interesting.  Either way I think the kicker is toast.

Archived