Crane national 148

Hello all,

New to the thread but am in need of some help. I had to take apart my Crane National 148 snack machine the other day. It was functional prior to this. I put everything back together and for the most part everything works. The only problem is when I put a bill in the bill validator it will take it (in fact it will take as many as I want to put in it) but will not register in the machine. I have double and triple checked that my connections are correct. The only thing I can think of is if something got messed up on the board that i’m Missing or it the bill validator. 

Any thoughts would be helpful. 

Thanks 

I highly doubt it's your problem but make sure that, if you have a mars validator with 2 plugs going into it, the top plug isn't on the wrong way (may need to flip it).  It may  not be your problem.  Generally, the only two things I know of that can regularly cause your problem is a disconnected harness or switches on the wrong setting.  Why did you have to "take apart" your machine?

Hello, I did try making sure the wires on the validator were correct and they are. They only go on one way. I took the board panel off because I have a few other machines like this and one was acting funny. I was afraid it was the board. I took the panel out only to find it was a bad coin mech. :-( just don’t know what else to try on this one. Like I said it was working before so I’m not sure what I did. Thanks for the reply. 

If it has the top harness, it *can* go on the "wrong" way.  I received a couple harnesses in the past where the plug was installed the wrong way.  I had to cut off the plastic piece to be able to make it plug in.  Probably not your problem though.

Archived