Need help, machine not vending correctly

Petrini

Hello, I've bought a used (well used, Ive found a sticker dated 1995 inside the machine) drink vending machine on a whim and it mostly seem to work, but some of the slots doesn't vend. I've figured out that it seems the "arms" of the slot are in the wrong positions (the two slots to the left on the image).

How do I reposition the arms so I can fill those slots with cans?

slots.jpg

That is a Vendo lowering shelf machine and you should junk it.  There are no parts made for it any longer and the vend mechanisms wear out to the point of not dropping cans correctly.  On the off chance that you think this is a worthwhile machine you load the columns by setting two cans on the highest shelf in a column, right or left, and then stack more cans on top of them.  They will load staggered.  Then you have to pull out, away from the metal timing cam, on the longest switch lever to start the motor.  Release the arm quickly once the motor starts turning.  That way you only run it for one vend at a time.  Continue until it vends two cans and it should then be a loaded column.  It will always hold 4 - 6 cans when it's sold out so more than that need to be loaded for it to not show sold out.  If a column runs more than one vend even though you aren't pulling on the switch lever then it has a bad motor switch.

Thank you for your reply! :)

Where is the switch lever you're mentioning? I've been looking for levers and cant find any...

And yes I know this isnt an optimal machine, I bought it on a whim after watching to many Youtube videos about vending machines. (atleast I got it somewhat cheap (300SEK = ~$30). I see it mostly as a learning thing for the future :)

Archived