What is you vending vehicle?

Rustinm

Hello,

Just what everyone uses to check their route. Do you drive your normal everyday car or do you have a second vehicle just for vending? I personally just use my dodge dakota, the v8 gets me from location to location very quickly! And it is my everyday vehicle, now it has 278,000 miles on it and still runs great!

I normally work out of a Ford E350 van. It doesn't get the best mpg (16 - 17mpg) but has the power to pull a U Haul full of machines up and down mountains. Also has enough room to carry alot of machines, product,tools, parts, coin counters and all the misc. needed while working. I like the van as it keeps everything out of the weather and more secure than the open pickup truck. The pickup trucks are great for picking up large tall machines which is a plus over a van but over all I'd suggest a van.

nam

We use our VW jetta or passat, both diesel. Excellent mileage! The back seats go down and we can carry all the candy we need for the day plus a 4 head beaver machine to place if the opportunity presents. We did try to us the truck but rain gets into the bulk machines and that ain't cool.

Ron,

I don't think they sell those in the US. We have some vans with diesel but not many on the road. I've never seen a Renault van. Hardly ever see a Renault car either. Post up a picture of your van so we can see it. What kind of mileage does it get? Is it 4,6 or 8 cyl.?

nam

4 cylinder 2.6 litre turbo diesel, fuel consumption is a max 8 litres per km, gets down to 6 kms per litre on the highways.

nissan markets exactly the same van under their branding but its made by renault with a renault engine.

i was going to purchase a mercedes van (similiar price) however, a lot of people have trouble with the engines when the warranty expires.

nam i would love to post a pic, if can figure how to do it lol.

Ron,

Take you picture and save it to My Pictures on your computer.

Make your post here and then click on Preview done at the bottom of the reply area.

Click on Browse down at the bottom of the page.  This will open up your files on your computer and select My Pictures.  Now just choose the pic you want to download it to the forum.  It file will show to the left of the Browse botton.

Hit the send key and you picture will appear here.

nam

Hey Johnny,

How well does your van do in the hottest part of summer in keeping it cool? My van does well up to like 105 but over that it just can't keep up in town. During the summer we get regular temps above that and even with dual air it just can't keep the van cooled very well except on the highway. I know NY doesn't get that hot but you have the humity that can make lowers temps get pretty rough to cool too.

nam

For cargo vans you can buy a racheting cargo bar, go down to WalMart and buy a foam pool noodle, cut it into 12" lengths and put them on the cargo bar and use it to bungee machines to when transporting to keep them from shifting.

Hey Johnny,

How well does your van do in the hottest part of summer in keeping it cool? My van does well up to like 105 but over that it just can't keep up in town. During the summer we get regular temps above that and even with dual air it just can't keep the van cooled very well except on the highway. I know NY doesn't get that hot but you have the humity that can make lowers temps get pretty rough to cool too.

nam

nam........this will be my first summer with the van.  I do not have a duel air system.  I will use a very large cooler and ice packs inside.

Hey T,

That rear window gives it that A-Team look! Very nice. Was that put in for reason? I bet it was for the parkways in NY?

DHL cut their shipping business down quite a bit. There are a few ex-DHL van for sale around here cheap. They are in pretty good condition. Been thinking about it. The bright yellow is a little bit of a turn off.

Blue......in New York, if you dont have commercial plates on the van, you need to place windows on the side and put a second row of seating in. I have gotten stopped by the state troopers once already. He complained that my windows were too tinted. I acted like I had no idea that was a problem and thanked him for the head's up......lol.

How much do they want for a DHL van?  I got a great deal on this baby.  It's an '08 and had 13,000 miles on it.  Got it with a new car warranty intact for $13,900. 

DHL has actually stoped service here in the states. They stopped at the end of January and now are just overseas. I have seen many car cariers traveling the interstate down here, so they may be taking them to an auction.

The Grand Max looks to be pretty roomy which would be great for transporting machines, product, etc.  How is the reliability on those Daihatsus?  We don't have too many (if any) in the U.S.

Is this the one?

Posted Image