Same product 2 heads

Vendin it

Anyone know the psychology behind when a good product empties out fast in a single head and then you go to same product in two heads and it slows down? I have had this happen several times in triples. Mainly in work locations with the same customers. 

A couple of examples from my above question are, I had a office averaging $80-85 a MO. with chicle gum empty every time & Mmp OK & skittles slow for 4 yrs, I changed it to 1 mmp & 2 chicle gum  to get a longer service cycle, they then bought only from one chicle head & now location is down to $10 MO. Total? I went back to chicle, skittles, mmp & it's still doing $10-12 MO. way down from $80-85 a MO. Another one is a factory with 2 shift's of 30-40 employees that was emptying mmp out fast, so I put in 2 mmp & it slowed down both heads?  

On 6/12/2019 at 11:14 AM, Vendin it said:

Anyone know the psychology behind when a good product empties out fast in a single head and then you go to same product in two heads and it slows down? I have had this happen several times in triples. Mainly in work locations with the same customers. 

I've had this happen to me as well. It is perplexing. Sometimes I wonder if the person (many times it is only one or two people driving the high sales) buying the product has some epiphany that they are eating too much when they see that second canister thus causing them to lay off. I do know that both canisters need to give out the EXACT same amount of product or the one that gives that extra piece will be used exclusively until empty and the other one just never seems to sell as fast. It sure is a bummer when you go in expecting big money and it's a bust.

Cool post!  We have been burned by this a bunch of times.  Usually, it is when we upgrade from a single head to a double.  If a single head is selling great we upgrade to a double (with a different second product).  We vend the same number of pieces as the original machine.  Way too often, it will kill all sales.  Same situation as above where the location will be doing $60+ and drops to $10.

Archived