Great Northern Gumball machines

BB Vendors

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've frequented the site but I'm thinking about putting out a couple of bulk/gumball vendors for a little side money and I thought of this particular forum. If I'm successful with it I may consider adding more. As of now, I'm more familiar with full line vending and markets. I have almost 20 years experience. I know the ins and outs of vending in that aspect but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to bulk vending. I tried the search function to see if there was already a thread on these vendors but didn't see anything. My question is this, how reliable are the vintage looking Great Northern machines? Do you guys recommend them? Are they legit vendors or simply a novelty item. The reason I'm considering those is because they are fairly cheap new and they stand out more than the average bulk vendor. To me, they have more appeal. I was reading the description and the word bank makes me think it may be more of a novelty type deal. Although I don't plan on turning this into my primary income I still want to invest in quality equipment and be taken seriously. If you have any input please tell me your thoughts. Thanks everyone.

5 hours ago, BB Vendors said:

Thanks Mehehe. It’s a shame. It seems to be a decently built machine. 

They are not.

They were not intended for commercial use at all, as they are for novelty home use. As such, they are built cheaply. There is no provision to install a lock, and the base is thin plastic (with a piggy bank hole in it). Also the globe is very thin glass, thinner than a beer bottle. And the wheels are small so you can’t use industry standard 850 count (1” ) gumballs.

7 hours ago, orsd said:

They are not.

They were not intended for commercial use at all, as they are for novelty home use. As such, they are built cheaply. There is no provision to install a lock, and the base is thin plastic (with a piggy bank hole in it). Also the globe is very thin glass, thinner than a beer bottle. And the wheels are small so you can’t use industry standard 850 count (1” ) gumballs.

Ah, I see. Thanks orsd. The wealth of information and knowledge is invaluable. This is exactly why I came here. Thanks guys.