Important annoucement concerning our friend & forum founder Steve Caserri

nam

I have an important message concerning Steve that I have been trying to decide to post or not to post.  I wish Steve had made this annoucement himself but not sure he is able and would like for everyone to know so they can offer their prayers, support and best wishes for Steve.

Steve was in a car accident a couple weeks ago.  I have only received a short message and have very little information as to his injuries and so forth.  He did say he had not been able to post in the fourm the last couple weeks as he has been recovering from this accident.  I know everyone will be concerned and wanting to help Steve any way we can even if it is through our best wishes for him.  I do not know if he is home or still in the hospital?  I have tried to search and find out more info but without success.  Also do not know if his wife was also in the accident or if Steve was by himself. 

I wish Steve had made a post concerning this himself but fear he may not be able or not have access to a computer and fear the same may be true for his wife as she hasn't made a post concerning the accident either.  This is a private matter and really debated on making this post so hope Steve will forgive me if for some reason he didn't want anyone to know.

My thinking is of course first for his speedy recovery!  Second is to get more information so we might be able to send cards and letters and offer any support we might be able to offer.  I don't know exactly where they live in Mass or what hospital he might be in?  Anyone with specific address info please let us know.  Next, if he has a route that may need to be serviced if there is anyone that might be able to help in that area?  Last, is possibly doing a bit fund raising to help with some cash to get him through maybe a rough spot financially ?

I'm sure this will be a shock and sadden all of us here in the forum to have something like this happen to Steve.  If anyone can now offer suggestions and help please say so and we'll see if we can come up with a plan to help him in anyway we can.

nam

I am not understanding something...........I see that Mrs. Casseri came online and posted about birds taking money from a change machine.  That was at 10:30PM last evening.  But I do not see any post here from her about our concerns for Steve.

I was thinking the same thing, Johnny. It's well past April Fools. On the other hand, she may be getting orders from Steve not to post anything.

Hey nam. How credible was your message you received on this?

I had seen the same post. In fact I had tried to find a way to contact her and had looked under members by state to try and find her but she isn't listed as a member from Mass. I did send her a pm as well asking for more information on Steve.

The message I had received was a pm from Steve. I can't explain it but doubt Steve would use anything like this as an April Fools type of joke. He also had not posted anything for about 2 weeks which would certainly have not been normal. If it is another form of joke from Steve he has certainly got me.

nam

It is not a joke he has been involved in an accident but he will need to provide more details. Right now all we can do is wish him well until he is able to post here. He is burried under a mound of email and PM's so please don't add to it.

While I'm am very much appreciative of all the support you have shown, I am sorry to say that this has been blown way out of proportion! :)

Yes, I was involved in an auto accident. I was alone in my car and my injuries were minimal. I am fine. Although I wish I could say the same for my car. (Thank God it wasn't the Mustang :D)

I apologize for all of this ruckus. With the accident, subsequent neck and back pain, and dealing with the insurance company, I had fallen behind on a ton of personal stuff and was less than responsive to the needs of the membership. I was in the process of working with several members on different projects and I had told some of them about the accident (apparently nam was one of them! ;)) I never thought it would turn into this. In fact, I'm still catching up on posts that were made on April 18th and wasn't even aware that this thread existed and you all were concerned until this afternoon when I received a concerned voicemail from Gary (West Coast). Thank you for the call Gary.

I honestly appreciate all of the well wishes even though they were not needed. Beer is correct, In the days that I was unavailable I have been bombarded with email that I am now sifting through.

I am a bit taken aback at the outpouring of support and don't quite know what else to say but, thanks!

Now, did I hear something about you guys doing my route for me? I could get used to this...;)

Steve

sorry guys, i didn't mean to cause any alarm by posting last night. i wasn't aware of the concern for steve's health and whatnot, i just don't have the time or energy to read every post and just completely missed this thread. thank you all very much for your concern, it's wonderful to know we have such a caring community here on vendiscuss. you guys are great!

I'm afraid I'll have to take responsibility for getting everyone going on this. I really debated and didn't know how long to keep this under wraps so to speak. My main concern was that Steve was injured and hadn't been able to post in two weeks so hoped our forum family here could offer what ever help might be needed.

It appears we have several volunteers to collect those quarters. lol

I'm very happy that you both are doing ok and hope Steve has a speedy recovery and is back in the forum again soon.

nam

Hey Steve and Mrs. W,

I am glad you are okay. I was hoping you would answer the phone this morning so I could hear that you where both alright. I was getting more and more worried each time I checked the site and saw the chain of posts that where starting to increase concerning your accident.

Glad you are both alright. We can get back to normal at Vendiscuss.com now that that is over.

Welcome back.

Gary