Looking for picture of power/relay area Royal 660

DominatorC

Hi all, I am new to this forum and recently picked up a Royal Vendors 660-9 for personal use. I am working on restoring it little bit at a time and right now my fuss is with the thermostat/ temp control. The previous owner bypassed it however it reads on the control board fairly accurate. I need to know which position the wires go to the relay and which side therefore if someone who owns a similar machine could post a picture, I’d appreciate it. Also speaking of relays, the lights. I want to buy the LED conversion from Royal but as is my lights do not work. Which wires need to go to the other relay? Thanks in advanced,

-Cory

BE48FF16-F95C-4128-9665-D085C49EF914.jpeg

10 hours ago, DominatorC said:

Hi all, I am new to this forum and recently picked up a Royal Vendors 660-9 for personal use. I am working on restoring it little bit at a time and right now my fuss is with the thermostat/ temp control. The previous owner bypassed it however it reads on the control board fairly accurate. I need to know which position the wires go to the relay and which side therefore if someone who owns a similar machine could post a picture, I’d appreciate it. Also speaking of relays, the lights. I want to buy the LED conversion from Royal but as is my lights do not work. Which wires need to go to the other relay? Thanks in advanced,

-Cory

BE48FF16-F95C-4128-9665-D085C49EF914.jpeg

None of my Royal 660's came with a light relay...I had to buy a kit from Royal to add the light relay so that I could have the lights turn off on the internal timer.  Chances are, yours does not have the light relay....which means the lights should always be on when the machine is plugged in.  If the lights aren't working, the bulbs or ballast is probably bad.

If your first question is about the refrigeration relay then the large pins are for the compressor power and the small pins are the input from the logic board.  There are two sets of pin-outs for the compressor because the relay has a duplicate circuit inside it.  If one side of large pins doesn't work then you can move the compressor power to the other side of the relay.

7 hours ago, AZVendor said:

If your first question is about the refrigeration relay then the large pins are for the compressor power and the small pins are the input from the logic board.  There are two sets of pin-outs for the compressor because the relay has a duplicate circuit inside it.  If one side of large pins doesn't work then you can move the compressor power to the other side of the relay.

Perfect thank you, I got my compressor on the relay now instead of bypassed. It seems to work fine, only off by a degree or 2 for cut in cut off. As for the lights likely bad ballast. It's one of those 15lbs huge ballast. Shouldn't matter if I buy the LED conversion kit for it. Thanks for the help

10 hours ago, darkinthepark said:

None of my Royal 660's came with a light relay...I had to buy a kit from Royal to add the light relay so that I could have the lights turn off on the internal timer.  Chances are, yours does not have the light relay....which means the lights should always be on when the machine is plugged in.  If the lights aren't working, the bulbs or ballast is probably bad.

Ahh I see, yeah I've only been around the ones with two separate relays, so thanks for letting me know. Yeah probably a bad ballast but I plan on getting rid of all of it to convert to LED.