Vend 1080 gum with 850 wheel

TexasFreemason

2 hours ago, TexasFreemason said:

I may be going to start using 1080 gum. Is there anything I need to do to the wheels to only vend 1 at a time? I have 1-800 machines, shootin hoops, and spirals. Thank you in advance.

I run Oaks primarily and have always used 850s (1 inch). I do have a fair amount of 1-800s and they all have adjustable gumball wheel. You will probably need to test them and see if you need to adjust the wheels to avoid misvends. Shooting hoops I also only used Dubble Bubble 850s. Believe it or not I never owned a spiral so I'm not much help there either. I will say this....you may consider buying a few cases and testing them before you buy a boat load of them. I know Ford still had a supply of 1080s and I thought about it but on Oak machines you will get misvends unless you have a rocket wheel or wheel inserts so I passed on them. I just wouldn't want to be stuck with a bunch of product that doesn't vend right.

I have noticed in Eagles that I run 850ct with GB wheel, 2 spring brush housing, and riser; Eagle is prone to dispense 2 GB at intervals which adds up in cost.  I never see misvends. The wheel is correctly aligned. My understanding is that this is the correct setup for single vends. Solution to consistent single GB vends? Baffle? 

It'd probably vend 3 1080s with my luck. 

1 minute ago, ginger vend said:

I have noticed in Eagles that I run 850ct with GB wheel, 2 spring brush housing, and riser; Eagle is prone to dispense 2 GB at intervals which adds up in cost.  I never see misvends. The wheel is correctly aligned. My understanding is that this is the correct setup for single vends. Solution to consistent single GB vends? Baffle? 

It'd probably vend 3 1080s with my luck. 

If the only problem it poses is the occasional extra gumball then I could live with that. With Oaks, which are almost the same as Eagles, there is a rocket wheel for 1080s & 1430 I believe. It has uses a brush off plate that looks just like a candy wheel brush off plate. They also sold plastic inserts that you could snap into the 850 wheel that would make it a vend 1080s correctly. I'm not sure if a baffle would improve the issue or not. You can test it at home I guess and see if it makes a difference.