Mini cranes

jayhawk22

Is anyone here running mini cranes?  They seem to be the new hot thing.  Curious where the best/cheapest place to buy from is and what kind of numbers they are putting up.

The idea intrigues me because I have a ton of bulk locations that don’t have room for a traditional sized crane but could fit a mini.  Any feedback is appreciated.  Thanks!

20 hours ago, jayhawk22 said:

Is anyone here running mini cranes?  They seem to be the new hot thing.  Curious where the best/cheapest place to buy from is and what kind of numbers they are putting up.

The idea intrigues me because I have a ton of bulk locations that don’t have room for a traditional sized crane but could fit a mini.  Any feedback is appreciated.  Thanks!

I do not operate any of these cranes but I agree that they are interesting. My biggest concern would be people manhandling or even carrying the machine off as it looks like they only weigh about 100 lbs. The old Smart candy cranes weighed over 200 lbs and they would often get It shaken and tipped in some locations when we would run them as gravel cranes. I think it would definitely need to be bracketed to the wall or floor in many places especially in foyers where there aren't always eyes on the machine.

22 minutes ago, gumball guy said:

I do not operate any of these cranes but I agree that they are interesting. My biggest concern would be people manhandling or even carrying the machine off as it looks like they only weigh about 100 lbs. The old Smart candy cranes weighed over 200 lbs and they would often get It shaken and tipped in some locations when we would run them as gravel cranes. I think it would definitely need to be bracketed to the wall or floor in many places especially in foyers where there aren't always eyes on the machine.

I agree with the tipping concern.  And with the light weight and small size theft of the machine would also be a concern.  

• 2 weeks later...