Bulk water vendor

Vendo Mike

A full size (about the size of a 721) water filtration (Reverse Osmosis) machine that refills water jugs using cash and card.  

Is anyone in this avenue of vending? Has anyone considered getting into it.  

What are the challenges you're facing? 

What equipment do you use? 

What would you consider a fair price-point for a unit?  

What features could be added to the equipment that would benefit your business?  

Would features do you feel would benefit by drawing more attention to the machine?

What features would make it more profitable?

5 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

A full size (about the size of a 721) water filtration (Reverse Osmosis) machine that refills water jugs using cash and card.  

Is anyone in this avenue of vending? Has anyone considered getting into it.  

What are the challenges you're facing? 

What equipment do you use? 

What would you consider a fair price-point for a unit?  

What features could be added to the equipment that would benefit your business?  

Would features do you feel would benefit by drawing more attention to the machine?

What features would make it more profitable?

I met a guy who had machines like this out about 13 years ago. He had actually designed and built the machines himself. They were surprisingly attractive and stout machines. He had about 20 of them in the field but they never really took off. Most were in the foyers of supermarkets and other larger retail stores. I honestly can't remember what his vend price point was or any other particulars about his business but they eventually all disappeared within about 5 years. I would assume that this type of vending has a pretty good long term margin but I just don't see people using these machines en masse since there are so many filter options someone could use with tap water in their homes these days. Add in the low cost and convenience of bottled water and I think it really reduces the number of potential customers.