Replacement Board Options?

2dudesvending

Currently working on a Seaga RS 900 (Healthy 4U) with a ELi-940 motherboard in it, for whatever reason this board will not allow my credit card reader to work. I have tested the reader and board in an identical machine and it worked fine, in my search of a replacement board im finding no exact matches, anyone know of any different boards that would work?

20211228_090613.jpg

Good evening :

I have some Genesis 17367 combo vending machines.  I am happy with them, and my locations are good.  I am trying to get a CCReader and a Payrange Bluetooth device to work on them......no luck.   I am advised that the machines don't have the software in the EPROM chip to make this work.  I have found an identical machine made by Seaga (model OD16S).  HERE IS MY QUESTION..........Will the EPROM from the original Seaga machine work in my Genesis machine ?  The guy selling the machine sent me a video of the CC reader working.  If the EPROM chip is compatible, then I will buy the machine ?  Do you know if there is any way to modify my Genesis EPROM chip ?  Any suggestions you have a greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Smitty, the problem adding a cc reader to a genesis or even a seaga, is that the initial  equipment cost for card reader and telemeter is generally more than the machine is worth.

I would bet the seaga od16s eeprom would likely not work and could cause more damage if tried. Though I’ve never done it so maybe someone here has. Plus good luck getting any straight answers from genesis or seaga tech support.

Edited by tblake05

On 12/29/2021 at 1:36 PM, tblake05 said:

Page 41 of the manual, at the very top shows how to enable cashless payment in the settings.

Online-Machine-Manual.pdf (healthyyouvending.com)

I have actually already done all of those troubleshooting steps, along with taking the board from another machine of the same make and model (ie the same machine) and swapping it over into the current "bad" one. The issue is the board, cantaloupe shows updated firmware and strong signal, no errors on their end. What i need to know is what other type of board can i place into that machine to make it work, it is a credit only machine so its currently a big lighted paperweight

1 hour ago, 2dudesvending said:

I have actually already done all of those troubleshooting steps, along with taking the board from another machine of the same make and model (ie the same machine) and swapping it over into the current "bad" one. The issue is the board, cantaloupe shows updated firmware and strong signal, no errors on their end. What i need to know is what other type of board can i place into that machine to make it work, it is a credit only machine so its currently a big lighted paperweight

Wish I could help. I only have one genesis. Got rid of my seaga last year. So other than the same board you have from the one that works. I don’t think any will, and if it were me, I wouldn’t get any others in fear of ruining something.

if genesis and seaga had more tech support and end user documentations, that would help lots. Like usi... not the best, but at least they have good schematics. I was even able to make a 3151 board work in my 3189 (to allow for cashless) after studying the schematic and parts diagrams to make sure everything was compatible and hooked it up accordingly. Seaga and genesis seem to guard their schematics. Believe me, they will respond to your tech support inquiries until you ask for a schematic. That’s the last you’ll hear from them. Worthless.

I’m the type of person who will diagnose it as far as I can go and try to repair it before throwing in the towel. plus, anyone ever take a look at arcade schematics? Most are broken down to component level. Why can’t vending be that way?.... replace a .65 cent failed capacitor on the pcb rather than replace the entire pcb.

I just a don’t know why vending has to be so far behind the times? In these years we should be able to wirelessly connect to any machine we own over the internet (some we can with the help of telemeters) and look at health, sales, errors, and should even be able to change prices. Why can’t we?

mr. 2dudesvending, on the board you have.... are there any user removable eeprom chips? If so, can you swap them between the one machine that works with a reader and the one that doesn’t? Does the working reader follow one specific eeprom? If so, get me the numbers on the top of the chip. Maybe you could get a programmer and program a copy of that eeprom for your non working board. Sorry if I lost you. Just be careful swapping parts component level. Esd discharge and things, or you’ll have two dead boards.

Wait! I just re read your first post. You tried both..... the reader..... and the board in a different machine.... and it works????

put this board back into the first machine and it doesn’t work????

time to swap out the coin mech and or validator.

3 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Wait! I just re read your first post. You tried both..... the reader..... and the board in a different machine.... and it works????

put this board back into the first machine and it doesn’t work????

time to swap out the coin mech and or validator.

Maybe i worded it incorrectly, let me try again. I have two of the same machine, one is fully functional with bill acceptor, coin mech, and cc reader, the other is just credit card only. The one with a mech has no issues with the cc reader, wheres the cc only machine does not work. After over the phone diagnostics with cantaloupe they came to the conclusion that the board is bad. I took the board out of the working machine, put it in the non working cc only machine and it worked, which confirms theres something with the original board thats not allowing the cc reader to work.

10 hours ago, 2dudesvending said:

Maybe i worded it incorrectly, let me try again. I have two of the same machine, one is fully functional with bill acceptor, coin mech, and cc reader, the other is just credit card only. The one with a mech has no issues with the cc reader, wheres the cc only machine does not work. After over the phone diagnostics with cantaloupe they came to the conclusion that the board is bad. I took the board out of the working machine, put it in the non working cc only machine and it worked, which confirms theres something with the original board thats not allowing the cc reader to work.

Are there no ELI-940 boards around to be had?

22 minutes ago, 2dudesvending said:

Made an offer on this one. Awaiting response, but thats the only one ive been able to find tbh

See the sticker on the top of the large capacitor?  The one you made an offer on, ver 4.3.  Your picture, I can't tell the version sticker.  Hopefully the ebay one is a newer version.  What version is your board that works?

That supplier has feedback only on furnace control boards.  Again, there is no way they could even test this board since they aren't in vending at all.  Anyone can buy and sell boards and say they are "refurbished."

8 hours ago, AZVendor said:

That supplier has feedback only on furnace control boards.  Again, there is no way they could even test this board since they aren't in vending at all.  Anyone can buy and sell boards and say they are "refurbished."

Yeah its definitely a risk. But for the life of me i can not find another one for sale

On 12/29/2021 at 10:09 PM, tblake05 said:

Smitty, the problem adding a cc reader to a genesis or even a seaga, is that the initial  equipment cost for card reader and telemeter is generally more than the machine is worth.

I would bet the seaga od16s eeprom would likely not work and could cause more damage if tried. Though I’ve never done it so maybe someone here has. Plus good luck getting any straight answers from genesis or seaga tech support.

Thanks for your reply.  Much appreciated.  I came across some info regarding the EPROM chip.......If I can find a manual for the chip, I might be able to turn one of the pins ON/OFF to activate a CC reader (Know anything about that) ?  Also...... is there a device that will make the board think that it is still connected to the bill acceptor, when it is actually connected to a CC reader ?

I have seen all sorts of devices (Youtube, etc....) that will convert an older machine to MDB.  Do you know of any device that will convert the signal from the CCreader to "fool" the board to think it is still connected to a bill acceptor ?  Appreciate you help....Cheers !!!!