AP 933 model frozen won't dispense

JOSEPH Lee

Just a newbie here recently started a vending business.

I got a Automatic Product (AP) 933 snack machine which comes with the frozen cabinet attached to it.

The payment is done through the snack machine and then, the customer can dispense from the either machine. 

All the selections from the snack machines are working fine but somehow the frozen part won't dispense.

The chiller is working so the Temp is ok. Just that it won't dispense the product.

Anyone knows how to fix this issue???

If you're new to vending, and it's equipment, you should find and read the manual.  Frozen machines can be a handful for a veteran and a costly learning experience for a newbie.  Before spending hundreds of dollars on product and offering the machine to a location, you need to understand it so that you don't have machine failure/spoilage issues that eat your profits.

I would start with test mode to see if anything works from there.  What message comes up on the display when you select something from the frozen cab?  

• Like 1

It sounds like the health safety switch may be disabling the machine. 1) Is the machine cold enough to satisfy setting?     2) Is the harness between the 2 units connected properly?     3) Have you open and closed the door to reset the safety switch?   4) What temp is being diplayed from the machine?

9 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

If you're new to vending, and it's equipment, you should find and read the manual.  Frozen machines can be a handful for a veteran and a costly learning experience for a newbie.  Before spending hundreds of dollars on product and offering the machine to a location, you need to understand it so that you don't have machine failure/spoilage issues that eat your profits.

I would start with test mode to see if anything works from there.  What message comes up on the display when you select something from the frozen cab?  

Thanks so much for the reply.

I've tried the test mode already. However, nothing from the frozen cab is working and shows nothing on a display when I make a selection from frozen cab.

Though when I go to service mode, it does show the following error:

06 HEALTH SHUTDOWN

000 1 /25

I've gone through the manual for the health shutdown section but can't really find anything helpful.

Any idea? 

4 hours ago, cvending said:

It sounds like the health safety switch may be disabling the machine. 1) Is the machine cold enough to satisfy setting?     2) Is the harness between the 2 units connected properly?     3) Have you open and closed the door to reset the safety switch?   4) What temp is being diplayed from the machine?

I am assuming temp is ok since all the ice creams are not melting down. Though I am not sure if it satisfies the recommended setting. 

When I enter the service mode, it shows the error like following:

06      HEALTH SHUTDOWN

000    1 /25

Any idea how to solve this error?

Has this worked for you in the past? Is this the first time you are trying to bend from the food machine?  It seems there is no communication between the two machines. Make sure the harness between the two machines is properly connected. In the snack machine setup make sure the satellite machine option is turned on. Clear any errors from the menu. 

19 minutes ago, cvending said:

Has this worked for you in the past? Is this the first time you are trying to bend from the food machine?  It seems there is no communication between the two machines. Make sure the harness between the two machines is properly connected. In the snack machine setup make sure the satellite machine option is turned on. Clear any errors from the menu. 

Thanks a lot for the help.

It did work for me in the past.

I assume the communication is ok since It shows the price when I enter the selection.

However, when you insert the coin and try to dispense the product, it does nothing and shows nothing on a diaplay.

Edited by JOSEPH Lee

A few things to do/check:

1. Clear all errors and make sure to open and close door to reset any health warnings

2. Do you have pricing set on the selections you’re trying to vend?

3. Can you do a test vend and do the coils spin and does the door open at the bottom for the product to drop through?

4. Have you done a reset of the control board? If it’s an AP 130 board in there, I have a quick guide for you that walks through all steps to check after a reset

5. Is the machine shutting down at all at random points where it will say something like “Selection 2xx out of service”?

6. If you’re getting a health timer shutdown and it’s otherwise working fine before that, you will need to understand what is causing the temp to raise above the threshold (usually 0*) for an extended amount of time and locking you out. Could be a thermostat. Could be in the defrost setting. What temp do you have it set at? You will need to clear that error and open and close door to activate door switch to reset that  

More info the better

Edited by RaleighNC