USI-3037-10B 2 motors "fail" test vend

tblake05

What do I check first?  Columns are full.  Push the button to test vend.  After about a second the screen reports "fail".  Motor doesn't even attempt to turn.  Probably a bad motor, but is that common for 2 to have the same problem, same time?

And do I have to empty the serpentine column to change the motor?

Did I mess something up when I slid the cooling deck partially out a few weeks ago?

Edited by tblake05

You might have pulled some wires loose from those motors, though it's unlikely and hard to do that as I recall.  Broken cans can gum up the motor switch.  The machine originally came with a can stop but even when I saw one I would never use it because it was made of sharp-edged metal which I figured would likely cut a can open.  You can "unroll" and lift as many cans out as possible working them all up and out the top.  Then remove the motor and carefully catch the cans that come out, or manually force the motor to turn and drop the cans that are left before taking the motor out.  You should order motor switches for those motors first and just plan on replacing them, if the switches are still available.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 10:12 AM, tblake05 said:

What do I check first?  Columns are full.  Push the button to test vend.  After about a second the screen reports "fail".  Motor doesn't even attempt to turn.  Probably a bad motor, but is that common for 2 to have the same problem, same time?

And do I have to empty the serpentine column to change the motor?

Did I mess something up when I slid the cooling deck partially out a few weeks ago?

Mines doing the same thing and I ever replaced the sold out switch cause thats what I thought it was now I'm going to try the motor. I have a fsi 3037