Dixie narco 5591 unable to get into test

Hi all,

I work for an arcade and our Dixie Narco 5591 drinks machine has been having some issues.

We're unable to put it into test or setup modes, when we cycle it, it scrolls an * Followed by one 0.

Keyboard beeps, but the display will never go into any modes. Back in November, we had the compressor serviced. Everything thing seemed ok but while it was booting up it got stuck on "Enjoy a ..." then since then it's been scrolling the */0 immediately when you plug it in.

I pulled the board because the repair guy who has since disappeared thought it might be the board but not sure. We just reflowed solder on the connectors but no luck there. Any other suggestions on what to try?

Pull the battery off the logic board and see if it powers up and works without the battery which removal will maybe reset the board.  It kind of sounds like you somehow created some kind of a password.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 8:22 PM, AZVendor said:

Pull the battery off the logic board and see if it powers up and works without the battery which removal will maybe reset the board.  It kind of sounds like you somehow created some kind of a password.

We tried pulling the battery and the little jumper part it says to remove to get it to stop holding charge for 14 minutes, still nothing. We've also tried a new board and EPROM, still same issue. 

Also have measured voltages at the white box and everything measures ok there.

Edited by lemonhalf

I had a 5591 that wouldn’t vend. I replaced the keypad, board, bill validator, coin mech, harnesses etc. etc. Come to find out, my evaporator was iced over and caused the machine to do weird stuff. I found this out because I took it into a shop and they diagnosed it. Strangest thing ever. 
it started with the keypad acting up, then the coin mech doing random things.  I thought it was the disinfectant being sprayed on it during Covid. 

2 hours ago, allen watson said:

I got a message into my repair guy. He’ll remember what it is but it sounds just like what yours is doing

Thanks, appreciate it. I don't think it can be ice since we're unplugging it in the door and the cooler isn't running. But let me know if that's wrong.

This is driving me nuts.

15 minutes ago, lemonhalf said:

Thanks, appreciate it. I don't think it can be ice since we're unplugging it in the door and the cooler isn't running. But let me know if that's wrong.

This is driving me nuts.

He messaged me back and said it was the temp sensor shorted which caused all my issues. 
so I would unplug the temp sensor and see if that unlocked the board 

25 minutes ago, lemonhalf said:

This is driving me nuts.

My repair guy just messaged me back, he said that he’s had the mode button go bad causing the same issue

27 minutes ago, lemonhalf said:

This is driving me nuts.

Those usually have two mode buttons. One behind display and one on the main board. Did you try both?

26 minutes ago, allen watson said:

Those usually have two mode buttons. One behind display and one on the main board. Did you try both?

I’m still leaning towards the door switch myself. You have to unplug the wires from the switch and make a little jumper wire between the two wires to simulate the door being open

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allen watson said:

I’m still leaning towards the door switch myself. You have to unplug the wires from the switch and make a little jumper wire between the two wires to simulate the door being open

Will check the temp sensor out. I'm pretty sure it's not the door switch because we also get 3 beeps when I press it down and release with the door open so it seems like it's registering that ok.

Right now neither of the mode buttons work. Could the mode button on the door go bad and lock out the one on the main board? I don't think the buttons on both main boards we got (old board and brand new board) could both happen to be bad.

OK! Ryan from Snackattack got us sorted out on a quick call. Now my personal hero.

We needed to unplug the temp control from the control board - it was locking everything else out. We're back up and going. Thanks for all the help trying to troubleshoot this also.

• Like 1