Joining Local Chamber Perks

nrgvend

Hello, I have a small vending machine business and we are growing, so I'm looking into joining my local Chamber of Commerce. This had lead me into having a logo designed, and contemplating getting an email address that isn't just my gmail address in the hopes of having a more professional appearance. I'm not sure where to get started, or if a new gmail email address with by business name in it would be acceptable. Thank you in advance!

Honestly, that’s a matter of personal preference.  If you have a website then however it is hosted will be able to setup an email address.  Verizon and Gmail also have business email setups without having to get a website.   

My local chamber is a nice social activity, I was a member for 2 years.  I dropped it when cash was tight and have not yet gone back.  Did not see a lot of good contacts; one person I met there later began using my service and is a big client, but the chamber meeting had nothing to do with the later business.  But it looks good on a website that you are a member, and some chambers have "leads groups", non competing types of businesses who get together and share info on potential business in the area.