Help

onuG

I am brand new to vending. I do not own a machine yet. I have the opportunity to place machines in two sets of high rent apartments. My question is it worth my time and money to invest ?  

Probably not for you as a newbie.  Apartments, high end or not, are high crime-against-machines locations.  You can lock it up in as secure a room in the building and anyone with access is a potential vandal.  Any machines will require high security locks, hasps and pick-proof locks.  Find some blue collar work locations for your first machines.  Start with a couple of single price machine running cans only until you have a very good understanding of what it takes to run vending machines.  You have to move them, fix them or pay someone to, buy the products, pay the commissions if you give any, pay sales taxes if required and fill the machines and count the money to realize how little you actually get to keep. 

• Like 1

My question to you is:  How did you get the opportunity to place machines in these apartments.   Is this someone trying to sale you something?  You walked into these apartments and asked yourself?   I never get an opportunity to place equipment without me visiting a location myself.   Buyer beware!!

Edited by Gizmo Vending
  • Like 1

I just went in an meet with property manager and asked if I could place vending machines on their location. They said a lot of there tenants had been asking about drinks and snacks at pool area and common area. So they said yes

8 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Probably not for you as a newbie.  Apartments, high end or not, are high crime-against-machines locations.  You can lock it up in as secure a room in the building and anyone with access is a potential vandal.  Any machines will require high security locks, hasps and pick-proof locks.  Find some blue collar work locations for your first machines.  Start with a couple of single price machine running cans only until you have a very good understanding of what it takes to run vending machines.  You have to move them, fix them or pay someone to, buy the products, pay the commissions if you give any, pay sales taxes if required and fill the machines and count the money to realize how little you actually get to keep. 

Thanks 

Great job on walking into places and asking if they could use your services.  In a sense that’s the hardest part of this business.  Personally I stay away from apartments for various reasons as mentioned above by AZ.  I think in my insurance contract there’s even a part about insurance company wouldn’t pay out if a machine was stolen.  But don’t exactly remember..  So now you gotta decide what to do about this.  You can forget all about it, if they have your contact info then they will probably call you back.  You can try to sale these leads online in your area.  Or you can go on with it.  You will not make a lot of money apartments but it’s your 1st locations.  

Edited by Gizmo Vending

find a vendor in the area and offer them the opportunity with a small cut for you on every cashout, the building gets their machines, vendor gets a new location, you get a small cut, continue to give that vendor new locations, and they will reward you, no need to go through all the trouble you just read above, best of all no strings attached! youre in the property business, you can do better finding the spots than servicing them, eventually, youll find a good vendor you can stay with, sit back and collect!

btw, where are these buildings?

state?