AP121 AP122 AP123 Credit Card Reader Installation

marzban

Hello Everyone!

Just picked up an AP122B and I am curious how you all mounted a credit card reader. On my LCM2, I just drilled holes on the front of the machine since the control board is mounted on the front door. On this new machine, the control panel is on a separate panel

Also, I read that some people have had issues with DEX working properly. Anything I need to check? Is there an eeprom (e-prom) I need to upgrade?

Thanks in advance. 

You need to drill above the opening in the door as you did with other machine. You then need an extension harness that route across the top of the door and then back across the top of machine to the telemetry. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cvending said:

You need to drill above the opening in the door as you did with other machine. You then need an extension harness that route across the top of the door and then back across the top of machine to the telemetry. 

Makes sense. Thanks for your help!

Alternatively you could use a Nayax Fushion bezel fitted to a PTI Apex note acceptor. Only need the one cutout & don't have to run the extn cables across to hinge & back again.

Actually am fitting one tomorrow so can post picks

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NevilleW said:

Alternatively you could use a Nayax Fushion bezel fitted to a PTI Apex note acceptor. Only need the one cutout & don't have to run the extn cables across to hinge & back again.

Actually am fitting one tomorrow so can post picks

Please do send pictures once it is installed. I am very curious to see how this looks!

Neville, this is awesome! 

After you mentioned this to me a tried to do a little bit of research about it. Do you know if there is a list of compatible bill acceptors? I have a coinco mag52r.

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to order one soon. 

This unit was manufactured to fit a PTI Apex but also fits a ICT V6 with a couple of holes adjusted.

Not sure of any others that it may fit - best to contact Nayax.

Have no knowledge of a Coinco Mag52r, we have Coinco Vantage here (or used to have as stock appears to be n/a!!)

One point I forgot to mention, these AP VMs have a display board just above cutout.

So when fitting note acceptors, you need to push the note acceptor back to clear this display board.

I used a packing frame with tubular nuts to push kit back 10mm I got mine from my local MEI service guy.

Should have taken pic when I did install - will see if I can find an old pic.

Found it!!

NotePacking.jpg