AMS 39 tray nothing vends. Says make another selection

kyle0050

I have an AMS 39 stack machine. Recently the machine on one tray tray #5 says make another selection when you put in money and try to order something for it I ordered a new harness thinking that was the problem put it in today and still the same issue. When I went to do a motor test all the motors/selections tested did a full rotation. Where tray 5 the one that's having issues the selections would do a 1/6 of a turn and then move on to the next one so I finished the tray 5 test in like less than 5 seconds. Anyone got any ideas I'm guessing a motor is probably the issue but not sure and don't wanna keep buying parts and trying some random stuff

Swap the shelf harness with another and see if the problem moves.  The shelves are plugged in on the right side.  What model of AMS is it.  Sensit 1, 2 or 3.  Yes it matters.  Throwing parts at it won't fix the problem.  Stop wasting money and do some proper troubleshooting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just call AMS directly. Ask for Technical support, it's free. There's never even a queue. Ive had around 28 Sensit 3's for around 12 years and I find their troubleshooting is pretty damn good, plus you can get part numbers directly from them. I call them whenever I have an issue I can't figure out. Their main # 304-725-6921