Insurance

AJ519

No one really insures machines. Too cheap compared to a typical deductible. Plus, I wouldn’t want to make too many claims anyways cause you risk getting dropped. Liability is a different story and should be pretty cheap. State Farm is good for me, but there are others. You want commercial business liability insurance, shop around.

Edited by orsd
  • Like 1

Can you explain what you mean by liability? I'm new to all of this. Also I have a business license which I hear is a requirement. One guy who sells machines recommended a company called Hartford. He runs a bigger operation with soda machines etc though and said they may not take me on. 

3 hours ago, AJ519 said:

This is what got me concerned about it

IMG_3167.png

Yeah not worth insuring a machine against damage or loss like that. Just a cost of doing business. Put it this way, if you have 100 machines out you’ll be filing a claim a year. But your increased rates will cost more than just replacing the machine out of pocket. Or they’ll probably just drop you.

At the end of the day I really don’t care if I lose a 100 dollar machine every so often. I do care about having liability insurance, because a lawsuit or injury claim can easily run 5-6 figures.

Edited by orsd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ519 said:

I carry medical malpractice insurance for my work but what kind of claim would they have against me for a quarter machine?

If you have a job that requires medical malpractice insurance then I don’t know why you are messing with bulk vending.

To answer your question people will sue over stupid random things.

Edited by orsd

1 hour ago, orsd said:

If you have a job that requires medical malpractice insurance then I don’t know why you are messing with bulk vending.

To answer your question people will sue over stupid random things.

Ive heard this a dozen times but I already have invested in the stock market, I have land, etc. Id rather put my money to work instead of letting it just sit in the bank. I mean what kind of jobs do other bulk vendors have? 

I only work at most 4 days per week, and while I could work more, healthcare is extremely stressful and draining. I love the relaxed pace of bulk vending. I now have 8 locations and expect to be up to 13 next week. 

Edited by AJ519

I wish someone would explain why people question doing bulk vending in my situation. Heres how I see it

Lets say hypothetically I make 100 an hour. 

Lets say I had 100 vending machines that each made 15 dollars profit per month ea on avg. It sounds like that may take about 16 hours to service every 3 months. So 1500$ for about (16/3) hours =1500/5.3 = 283 an hour. Almost triple the money. Now would I quit my day job to do it? Absolutely not. But working 3 days a week (maybe 4-5 if i pick up shifts) gives me plenty of time to comfortably service these machines. I also don't have children so I have nothing but time on my hands. 

And the cherry on top is I get 3% cashback on my credit card spending so when I buy candy or other related vending stuff, I make money just running it through my hands. 

I'm not understanding the downside here. 

Edited by AJ519

In my opinion, keeping track of which candies sell well in which location, which locations are best etc is the whole fun. I keep a notebook full of all of the details and its fun tinkering. Its actually in a way like handloading ammunition- keeping track of how much powder, which grain bullet, and performance finding the best load for your specific barrel.  (Harmonics and such)

Edited by AJ519