Best place to sell Coin Mechs?

GHold

Hey All - I noticed a "classified" section, but not much seemed to be going on there. When my company purchased  20 or so Tomy Gacha machines recently, they were all equipped with 2 or 4 quarter mechs. They also came with what appears to be another (15) Two-Quarter mechs, and maybe (6) or so $1.00 Four-Quarter mechs. Most appear to be brand new in box. We do not need all the extra quarter mechs, so I was looking around to see if there was a place to sell them. We will also likely be selling a bunch of the Gacha machines, as we only wanted a few, but had to buy the whole lot.

Thank you!

Sure thing! Here are some pics of one of them I just unboxed. As far as I know, they only work in Tomy Gacha machines. I believe these run about $50 or so new from Beaver Vending, not sure if anyone else sells/makes them. But we definitely do not need them, so we'll be happy to sell them for less than that if anyone is interested.

As for the extra Gacha machines themselves, happy to offload them for decent prices too.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

2 hours ago, GHold said:

Hey All - I noticed a "classified" section, but not much seemed to be going on there. When my company purchased  20 or so Tomy Gacha machines recently, they were all equipped with 2 or 4 quarter mechs. They also came with what appears to be another (15) Two-Quarter mechs, and maybe (6) or so $1.00 Four-Quarter mechs. Most appear to be brand new in box. We do not need all the extra quarter mechs, so I was looking around to see if there was a place to sell them. We will also likely be selling a bunch of the Gacha machines, as we only wanted a few, but had to buy the whole lot.

Thank you!

Personally I would try Craigslist and eBay. Over the years I have sold a lot of machines (including some Tomy Gacha machines) on Craigslist with no issues. eBay would work well with the coin mechs because those are easy to ship and a lot of operators go there looking for parts. When I sell things on Craigslist I place the ad in different cities around mine in approximately a 150 mile radius. Other options like Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up and Nextdoor are other great free options as well.

2 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

I managed a coin mech/dbv repair shop for many years and still don't know what mechs your talking about :)   

Do you have the model # of the coin mechs to share? Pictures? 

Mike, just for reference this is a Tomy Gatcha bulk vending machine.

image.thumb.jpeg.86eb83179f515ad006cb9b4a91047307.jpeg

Oh ok.  The loud popping sound is will be my head coming out of my @$$.  My mind was on coin mechs for drink/snack style equipment. We worked on a few of this style coin mechs very rarely.  I assumed they were seen as "replace over repair" by the operators. 

• Like 1

Yep, those are the ones. I think we have at least 20 we don't need (2 stacked). Several are in quads like that one, but you can break them apart easily, so there are options.

Thank you for the general selling advice, I was hoping maybe there was a marketplace around here that people sold/traded on, but I can use the regular CL, FB, eBay, etc. places if that's the best option.

If anyone spots this post and has interest, they're in the Southern NH area, about 45 mins north of Boston.

Thanks!

• Like 1