Tootsie Tarts

TexasFreemason

11 minutes ago, TexasFreemason said:

Has anybody ever sold Tootsie Tarts. I bought a route that sells Chewy Spree and I can’t find them. I thought Tootsie Tarts might be a good substitute.

I tried them several years ago with mediocre results. I used Lotsa Sours (from the now defunct Sweetworks Inc) for years and it has been one of my best sellers. Now that I can't get them, I have started running the Tootsie Tarts again. I mix them with existing Lotsa Sour inventory on the road. I also mix Pucker Ups from Concord in with the Tootsie Tarts because they have brighter colors (Tootsie Tarts coloring is kind of dull) and it seem to help sales. I really think Tootsie Tarts maybe good substitute for Sprees in many locations but probably won't sell as well as they did. Pucker Ups on their own could be an option as well.

I agree with gumball guy, tootsie tarts is the replacement for lots of sours, but doesn’t sell as well. Nothing I found feels the same niche as nerds gumballs. I never knew I would miss Oak Leaf this much.

• Like 1

100% in agreement there.....Super Sours, Lotsa Sours, Spree, Nerds Gum. Nitwitz candy wasnt gigantic sales wise, but I actually had customers ask for it and did fairly well in filling in for Runts, which is outta range for a quarter vend now anyways....cant really say I disliked any of Sweetworks products overall......

• Like 1