Looking for a good machine for personal use.

PersonalUse

Hi, I am looking for a machine just to use in my apartment for fun. I am interested in something that is good for long term use, reliable so I wont have to frequently repair/buy parts. I have found a few options including the 8 compartment U-Turn terminator for $75 and some 1985 carousel single compartment machines for $30 and less. I also have seen a few in between such as an older 4 head stand for $80 or less. Right now, im interested in the 8 compartment due to amount of candy I can pick from and the price. I have read it is less favorable however a lot of what I read was based around the market of a route and refilling/getting coins being a hassle, neither of these are an issue. How is it quality and repairability wise? Thank you! If anyone has any recs on other affordable machines I can look for please let me know.

They have plastic mechs, not the best reliability or quality.

BUT, none of that matters for a home use machine. You are not going to beat the golpher out of your own machine, and if something breaks it’s not a huge deal, as you are not losing sales or looking bad in front of a customer. Parts are pretty common on eBay just because of how many were sold.

Also, a major concern about the 8 head is wasted product. But you know how much candy you go through.

For 80 bucks if you like the looks it’s not a bad option for home use.

i would go with an AA , NW, or beaver, just for the looks, and the amount they can hold, each machine has its capacity vs amount, think about a pie being cut into 8 slices, no matter how you cut it, its still a pie